Help!-Filters say not enough RAM

Post by Barrie Le » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I am running Photoshop 3.0 with 24 meg ram on an AST Ascentia notebook
with Windows 95. Memory preferences are set to C:/ drive with 200 meg
free. Also 100% RAM (16meg) available to PS. When I try to run a filter
 I get a not enough RAM message. I expect it to be slow but I thought
there would be enough RAM!

Any help would be appreciated.  Barrie Lees

Barrie Lees

Help!-Filters say not enough RAM

Post by Terrence Christopher Pitt » Sun, 03 May 1998 04:00:00

You might have alot of data on the clipboard. Purge it. I had the same
problem after I made 14 changes to a pic. I have 64 megs of ram it gave the
out of memory error but there was not paging to the hard drive, I purged the
clipboard and the out of memory error dissappeared. Hope this helps.

--
Terrence Christopher Pitts

>I am running Photoshop 3.0 with 24 meg ram on an AST Ascentia notebook
>with Windows 95. Memory preferences are set to C:/ drive with 200 meg
>free. Also 100% RAM (16meg) available to PS. When I try to run a filter
> I get a not enough RAM message. I expect it to be slow but I thought
>there would be enough RAM!

>Any help would be appreciated.  Barrie Lees

>Barrie Lees

1. Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)

I'm getting this error in photoshop CS whenever I try to open a large
TIFF file (> 10 mb).

I've been using the demo version for weeks, and it worked fine. I just
installed the purchased version and now I'm getting this error.

The weird thing is that I can open 90 mb .psd files with CS, so it's
not really a RAM issues.

Plus, I can open the TIFF files with Photoshop 7, so it's not a
windows/computer issue.

FYI I'm running windows XP pro with 512 mb ram.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Increased the memory usage slider to 80% (370 mb).
2) defragged the hard drive.
3) changed the scratch disks to various disk drives.
4) Upped the windows virtual memory

The settings seem the same as Photoshop 7, but I still can't open
large tiff files. Anyone else have this problem?

Dan

2. Scanning

3. desperally nead help: not enough ram to start PS

4. Dye Sub Printer F/S - Kodak -

5. Help: not enough memory [RAM] when loading Gif files

6. Catmull-Rom or Hermite Splines Using GL Evaluators

7. Need help (NOT ENOUGH RAM TO ATTACH)

8. Making particles "glow"??

9. Not Enough RAM to Run PS!?

10. not enough ram problem