Wacom tablet setup problems with Win 95 - advice appreciated

Wacom tablet setup problems with Win 95 - advice appreciated

Post by Raelene Langfiel » Sat, 21 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

my partner and I have recently bought a Wacom Graphics tablet, the Art Z
II 6 x8.

Installing it has been extremely awkward - we have a Pentium 166 with a
Motorola Lifestyle 28.8 modem and a standard Microsoft mouse. We have
one hard drive running Win 95, and another running Linux.

We would like to have all three devices ready for use at any time.

On the first evening, we tried to install the wacom tablet on com 2, the
modem port. It worked, but my modem was no longer available... we kept
trying different combinations of IRQ's and ports.

On our second evening, we went to the Wacom web site and downloaded the
latest Win 95 driver, along with the X 86 driver.  We then installed the
mouse on com 1 with an  irq 4. We tried to install modem on com 2, irq 3
and the wacom on com 3, irq 7

For some reason we could not get irq 12 working with a backsia serial
card. All other irqs are taken up by standard things plus the sound
card, which is a Data Expert 325?? (IRQ 11 , 5  used by sound)

If we get the mouse and the wacom working under this situation, then it
does not recognise the modem on com 2.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to fix this problem, or has
encountered it before, we would be extremely grateful for you help.
Please email your solution directly to

Best regards,

Raelene Langfield and Lindsay Berge

Post by Richard Carter » Sat, 21 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>On our second evening, we went to the Wacom web site and downloaded the
>latest Win 95 driver, along with the X 86 driver.  We then installed the
>mouse on com 1 with an  irq 4. We tried to install modem on com 2, irq 3
>and the wacom on com 3, irq 7

You need to modify your system.ini file:

[Pen Driver]
ComPort=3
9600baud=1
Com3IRQ=7

--

    CJ Creative Services       (505) 323-0715      http://dezines.com/cjcs

1. setup problems with Wacom tablet and Win 95

[...]

2. Do You Do Hex?

3. Wacom Tablet won't work under Win 95

4. BSP...What is it???

5. need Wacom help for a Model sd-321L tablet an Win-95

6. Coreldraw 2.0 files : how to convert?

7. LW 4.0 Final under Win 95 [was: A test: Win 95 vs Win 3.1]

8. Particles in Animator

9. HELP: Wacom Tablet problems with Win

10. Advice on graphics tablet appreciated

11. Win '95 Setup

12. need Windows 95 driver for WACOM SD-510C graphics tablet