graphic tablet

Post by mogl » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I want to buy a graphic tablet.
Can anybody tell me something about the GENIUS 1812 NEW SKETCH (18"x12") ??
Is this a usefull instrument?

thanx

mogli

graphic tablet

Post by Lewis..Weborium..M » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

what the hell are you doing to use a 18 x 12.   or do you just have a big
desk

Quote:>I want to buy a graphic tablet.
>Can anybody tell me something about the GENIUS 1812 NEW SKETCH (18"x12") ??
>Is this a usefull instrument?

>thanx

>mogli

graphic tablet

Post by mogl » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

What's wrong about 18x12 ??
It costs only $300! You mean it's too cheep for that size, don't you?

Excuse my english, I'm from germany

mogli

> what the hell are you doing to use a 18 x 12.   or do you just have a big
> desk

> >I want to buy a graphic tablet.
> >Can anybody tell me something about the GENIUS 1812 NEW SKETCH (18"x12")
??
> >Is this a usefull instrument?

> >thanx

> >mogli

graphic tablet

Post by Lewis..Weborium..M » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Yea that's awful cheap, a good 6x8 would be at least that closer to $400 US.

>What's wrong about 18x12 ??
>It costs only $300! You mean it's too cheep for that size, don't you?

>Excuse my english, I'm from germany

>mogli

>> what the hell are you doing to use a 18 x 12.   or do you just have a big
>> desk

>> >I want to buy a graphic tablet.
>> >Can anybody tell me something about the GENIUS 1812 NEW SKETCH (18"x12")
>??
>> >Is this a usefull instrument?

>> >thanx

>> >mogli

graphic tablet

Post by Me : » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi Mogli.

I recently bought a Genius Newsketch 1212HR II (smaller version of the
1812),
and I must say,  it's not what I was looking for. But I got it at a SUPER
BARGAIN price.  :)
I'm in South Africa, and you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get a
tablet here.
If I do find a decent one like the Wacom series, it'll cost me most of my
month's paycheck !
The Genius one I have is more for engineering and CAD/CAM applications, and
digitising.
It has some nice features though, like the absolute/relative coordinate
system options, and it comes with a 4-button puck, as well as a 2-button
stylus, and quite a few Autocad templates, different versions & languages.
But for graphics ??  No way.  I find it way too big, it has no pressure
sensitivity, and the stylus cord that plugs into the top of the tablet gets
real annoying.
So I'm in the market for a new one. I found the Intuos A5 (beautiful tablet
!! )
at ONE place only , and it will cost me around the tune of R2300 ($350 !!)
But I think I'll start saving....   I've played on one of these and I love
it to bits !
Dual tracking, tool ID, cordless pen, flip-over-eraser, two-way rocker
barrel-button, customisable menu-strip, 1024 pressure levels..... etc etc
etc. Brilliant !!

Okay, enough babbling.
Hope I was of some help  :)
Ciao for now !!
Charl
--

Charl Rousseau

I was born an original sinner,
I was born from original sin. - Annie Lennox