problem with transparent layers

Post by beneste.. » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Using Photoshop4 on an new PIII/450:
As soon as I change a layers transparency and want
to move the layer my photoshop crashes totally. A
new installation brings no help. Working on my old
PII I never had such a problem. Can anyone help
me?
At the moment I use an extra psd-file, change the
transparency, reduce to the background layer and
paste it in my main document. This works, but it
is annoying....
Thanks

Stefan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

problem with transparent layers

Post by L Jand » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Try changing your video drivers. Newer ones may be available at the
manufacture www site. Others on you Win install CD. Sometimes you may have
to drop back a few versions. Just have to try different ones till you find a
solution.

Quote:> Using Photoshop4 on an new PIII/450:
> As soon as I change a layers transparency and want
> to move the layer my photoshop crashes totally. A
> new installation brings no help. Working on my old
> PII I never had such a problem. Can anyone help
> me?
> At the moment I use an extra psd-file, change the
> transparency, reduce to the background layer and
> paste it in my main document. This works, but it
> is annoying....
> Thanks

> Stefan

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

problem with transparent layers

Post by beneste.. » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thanks a lot. What an easy solution. Works fine.

Stefan

Quote:> Try changing your video drivers. Newer ones may be available at the
> manufacture www site.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. TImage Layers-- Drawing on a transparent layer

Hi all,  Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Bryan

I have a Timage on my form and a loaded image in it.  I also have another
TImage on top of the first TImage.

The top most Timage is set to transparent, and I use a MouseDown and
MouseMove procedures to draw on the top TImage's canvas.  The problem is
that this seems to make the drawing routine lag for a few seconds and the
lower image flickers.  I'm using doublebuffering, but still no change.

Any suggestions on how to efficiently do this?  Is there anything else I can
use as the top layer besides the 2nd TImage? (maybe too much overhead
involved with the 2nd TImage.

Here is the drawing routine I use...

procedure TMDIChild.ImgDrawingMouseDown(Sender: TObject;
  Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
begin
  StartDraw := True;
  DPoint.x := x;
  DPoint.Y := Y;

end;

procedure TMDIChild.ImgDrawingMouseUp(Sender: TObject;
  Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
begin
  StartDraw := False;
end;

procedure TMDIChild.ImgDrawingMouseMove(Sender: TObject;
  Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
begin

  If (CanDraw) and (StartDraw) then
  begin
    ImgDrawing.Canvas.Pen.Color := FrmDraw.ColorDialog1.Color;
    ImgDrawing.Canvas.Pen.Width := FrmDraw.BrushSize.Value;
    ImgDrawing.Canvas.Pen.Style := PsSolid;
    With ImgDrawing.Canvas do
    begin
      MoveTo(Dpoint.x,Dpoint.y);
      LineTo(x,y);
    end;
    Dpoint.x := x;
    DPoint.Y := y;
  end;
end;

2. Opinions of UACT college in Arizona, please..

3. REQ: Layering transparent GIFs

4. 2D graphics extinct ?!?!

5. Combining transparent image layers with SW program

6. how do I get into the animation business?

7. Transparent layers in Javascript

8. Help with selection mode

9. transparent or translucent layers

10. transparent 'guide' layer

11. Transparent Layers to Mimic Animation Cell?

12. HELP - Transparent Layer Background