PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

Post by br!a » Sun, 19 May 1996 04:00:00

Ok -- thanks so much just for reading this!!

Please, E-mail me if you can help me with this...  I have the Alien
Black Box and this happens every time I try to use it: it loads  up, I
see the little Alien Black Box filter graphics, but then time glass
icon shows up for about 20 seconds and finally --  photoshop has
encountered an error making me close it.

Thanks you so much!!

Brian

1. EnumEnhMetaFile Help Needed! (Please Please Please)

Hi,

     I need to step through an EMF file so I can make some changes to it as
it plays.  I've managed to get it almost working but now I've hit a little
snag.  Here's some code (I hope the line wraps don't mess it all up):

Public Function EnhMetaFileProc(ByVal ClientHDC As Long, ByRef HandTab As
        HANDLETABLE, ByRef MetaRec As ENHMETARECORD, ByVal nHandles As Long,
        ByVal OptData As Long) As Integer

Dim Pen As Long

    If (MetaRec.iType = 38) Then
          ' I want to do stuff when Create Pen is to be played
        ' The following three lines kind of work but eventually
        ' (after redrawing about 4 or 5 times) I get an out of
        ' memory error.  Since I have a lot of free RAM I'm
        ' assuming I hit a 64k barrier.

        'Pen = CreatePen(1, 1, RGB(0, 0, 255))
        'SelectObject ClientHDC, Pen
        'DeleteObject Pen
          x = 1
    Else
        x = PlayEnhMetaFileRecord(ClientHDC, HandTab, MetaRec, ByVal
nHandles)
    End If

    EnhMetaFileProc = x
End Function

Public Sub EnumEMF(EMFHandle As Long, EMFObj As PictureBox)
Dim picRECT As RECT

    GetClientRect EMFObj.hwnd, picRECT
    x = EnumEnhMetaFile(ByVal EMFObj.hdc, ByVal EMFHandle, AddressOf
EnhMetaFileProc, 0, picRECT)
End Sub

---

     The subroutine (EnumEMF) gets called from a form and passes the handle
to the EMF (that I got when loading the file with GetEnhMetaFile) and the
picturebox that I want to play the EMF into.  This all goes to
EnumEnhMetaFile which eventually calls EnhMetaFileProc.  This is where I
get stuck.  If I just send everything to PlayEnhMetaFileRecord everything
works great.  If I try to make any changes (see the function for a little
explanation) I run out of memory.  The CreatePen call is just one thing I
need to check for so I need a solution for basically changing any of the
records I want.

     If someone could let me know where I've went wrong and point me to an
example of the "right" way to do this I would really appreciate it. :)
I've searched all over the net and all I've been able to find is one old
piece of code for WMF (it's similar but I still couldn't get it working)
and the API man page (looks like this would be fairly easy in C++ but I
can't use that in this project).

     Thanks in advance,

     Mike

2. File Import Question

3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

4. GIF files and anonymous uucp -- HELP!

5. HELP! Mixed-model Colormap setting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

6. Hat-Boi

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Please,please,please help, with sugar on top

9. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

10. HELP PLEASE!!!! (wow, I'm begging) :)

11. motorbike DXF please please please