Pen and Tablet Tutorials Wanted

Post by David C. Barbe » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 05:34:12

Where is a good tutorial for using the Pen tool?  I have so much trouble
with this thing and am willing to invest some serious time in getting better
with it.

Also, have just gotten a Wacom ArtPad II tablet (w/o manual), and am finding
the conversion from mouse to table rougher then expected.  It looks like
quite a tool if used properly.  Any good tutorials on how to use it well?

    *David*

Pen and Tablet Tutorials Wanted

Post by Donn » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 05:52:02

try the Wacom site.
http://www.wacom.com/tips/index.cfm?category=Photoshop

lots of tutorials there!!

Gary

> Where is a good tutorial for using the Pen tool?  I have so much trouble
> with this thing and am willing to invest some serious time in getting better
> with it.

> Also, have just gotten a Wacom ArtPad II tablet (w/o manual), and am finding
> the conversion from mouse to table rougher then expected.  It looks like
> quite a tool if used properly.  Any good tutorials on how to use it well?

>     *David*

Pen and Tablet Tutorials Wanted

Post by wes » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:58:50

Here are some places to look:

http://www.sketchpad.net/drawing9.htm
http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/extra/blrbps_4abfly.htm
http://www.iland.net/~england/pen1.html
http://www.iland.net/~england/pen3.html
http://www.graphic-design.com/Photoshop/depth/
http://www.webclass.ru/tut.php?tut=136
http://www.arraich.com/ps6_tips_ppen1.htm

These are just a few out of thousands. After taking a look at these, do a
Google search for Photoshop pen tool

> try the Wacom site.
> http://www.wacom.com/tips/index.cfm?category=Photoshop

> lots of tutorials there!!

> Gary

> > Where is a good tutorial for using the Pen tool?  I have so much trouble
> > with this thing and am willing to invest some serious time in getting
better
> > with it.

> > Also, have just gotten a Wacom ArtPad II tablet (w/o manual), and am
finding
> > the conversion from mouse to table rougher then expected.  It looks like
> > quite a tool if used properly.  Any good tutorials on how to use it
well?

> >     *David*

Pen and Tablet Tutorials Wanted

Post by myJane » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 05:57:30

Quote:> Where is a good tutorial for using the Pen tool?  I have so much trouble
> with this thing and am willing to invest some serious time in getting better
> with it.

> Also, have just gotten a Wacom ArtPad II tablet (w/o manual), and am finding
> the conversion from mouse to table rougher then expected.  It looks like
> quite a tool if used properly.  Any good tutorials on how to use it well?

>     *David*

David, have you had a look at mine? My "Heart" tutorials work with the
pen tool. Also my Raindrops gives you a look at it, too. I think that
everyone has their own way of working with it; this is mine.
Always me, Janee

--
http://www.myjanee.com for Janee's PS Tutorials and PS Resource Links,
Janee's Monthly Art Challenge, Gallery, and more!

If you like my answers or my website, you may want to have a look at my
books! Photoshop Elements 2: Most Wanted, PS 7: Professional
Photographic Techniques, and PS 7: Trade Secrets. Read about them at
http://www.myjanee.com/graphiccreations/publications.htm

1. Wanted: Wacom Pen for Old Tablet(SD421e)

Anyone have an extra Wacom Graphic Tablet pen that they would like to
sell?
I know that the "Erasing Ultra-Pen' or  "Duo-Switch Erasing Ultra-Pen"
will not work with the tablet.  Please let me know if you have a older pen
for sale.

Also, does anyone know if I need the "Wacom PC interface cable", or can I
get by with the normal serial cable that I get from comUSA?

Thank you very much for any help!!!!

Dave

2. 3D models for part profiles

3. Wanted for Trade: Graphics tablet and pen for 4 Meg SIMMs chips

4. Tough one... Making TCustomControl transparent like TGraphicControl

5. tablet pen

6. Vizros plug-ins

7. about pen tablet

8. Multimedia Company Needs Artists

9. WACOM pen tablets?

10. Buying a tablet/pen for use with Fractal DP

11. tablet or light pen?

12. Art Tablets W/Pens

13. need HELP to select software for new Wacom Pen and artZII Tablet