Help Please,,,,Please Help

Post by cory » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:30:04

I have made a logo or image with corel, it looks fine when i look at it in
corel or any other program. But when i put it on my site, it looks blury
or the quality isnt that good. This happens when i look at the image
online.
Please Email Me if you can help.
Thank You
Cory

Help Please,,,,Please Help

Post by Taci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I have made a logo or image with corel, it looks fine when i look at it
>in  corel or any other program. But when i put it on my site, it looks blury
>or the quality isnt that good.

You are using the America Online browser to look at it online, aren't you?

When you browse a web site using the America Online browser, by default AOL
converts the images to its proprietary .ART format. The .ART format is very
heavily compressed, and this conversion *substantially* degrades the quality of
the image, making it look blurry. In some cases, it degrades Web site
backgrounds so much that they turn into solid color.

You can disable this. To turn it off, use Preferences->My AOL. On the Mac,
click the WWW button and uncheck "Use Compressed Images." On the PC, click WWW
and select the "Graphics" tab, and turn off "Use compressed graphics."

Now the Web sites you visit will look like the creator intended. Pictures will
be sharper and clearer, and when you save pictures from the Web browser, they
will save in the original GIF or JPEG format, not ART.

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/