quick check on what site looks like..please

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by OWAThri » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:16:26

Hi all,
Did a web site recently...very simple site, very simple graphics, my goal was
just something pleasant on the eyes, only realized later that my "web safe
colors" wasn't checked, and in my e*ment of really liking the black and the
tan I chose, never gave it a thought. If you have a chance, please look at the
site below and let me know what it looks like for you

http://www.veryComputer.com/

only one other person has mentioned any problem with the logo at the top not
blending in with the background. I get some smearing on the logo depending on
what machine I am on..enough to make me go back and redesign the whole thing,
but I am curious. The smearing I am seeing on the logo, makes NO sense. I would
think if it's not gonna blend, the whole size of the logo wouldn't blend, not
just small portions of it.

I didn't see too many colors of beige in the "web safe colors" that I'd be
happy with but I also don't want visitors visiting the site and saying
"ugh..what an ugly job at that".

Don't look closely at the pics...those were just some on hand, new ones will be
taken. Oh...you can look at the ghostly imagine I see in the pic on the Home
page...shudder...gives me goosebumps...do you see the eyes staring at you? the
turban? LOL, not normally nuts..is much more obvious in the orginial, larger
pic...

Your photoshop expertise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lori

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by Bart van der Wol » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:54:39

SNIP
If you have a chance, please look at the

Quote:> site below and let me know what it looks like for you

> http://thedoubled.homestead.com

Looks fine to me. I don't think there are many people that only watch
Websafe colors anymore. A modern Browser and a correct videodriver setting
renders colors as they were intended. Some dithering might help in critical
uniform areas.

Bart

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by Jane Krate Dud » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:38:11

It looks fine on my sys, and no prob with the logo/background blend. W98SE, NEC
AccuSync set to True Color at 1024 x 77. I wouldn't worry too much about web safe
palettes, these days. I do not see any smearing on the logo. If you mean it is a
little soft, that is a function of screen vs. print. On my monitor it's fine.

Nice looking Ranch, btw.

Jane

> Hi all,
> Did a web site recently...very simple site, very simple graphics, my goal was
> just something pleasant on the eyes, only realized later that my "web safe
> colors" wasn't checked, and in my e*ment of really liking the black and the
> tan I chose, never gave it a thought. If you have a chance, please look at the
> site below and let me know what it looks like for you

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> only one other person has mentioned any problem with the logo at the top not
> blending in with the background. I get some smearing on the logo depending on
> what machine I am on..enough to make me go back and redesign the whole thing,
> but I am curious. The smearing I am seeing on the logo, makes NO sense. I would
> think if it's not gonna blend, the whole size of the logo wouldn't blend, not
> just small portions of it.

> I didn't see too many colors of beige in the "web safe colors" that I'd be
> happy with but I also don't want visitors visiting the site and saying
> "ugh..what an ugly job at that".

> Don't look closely at the pics...those were just some on hand, new ones will be
> taken. Oh...you can look at the ghostly imagine I see in the pic on the Home
> page...shudder...gives me goosebumps...do you see the eyes staring at you? the
> turban? LOL, not normally nuts..is much more obvious in the orginial, larger
> pic...

> Your photoshop expertise would be much appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Lori

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by Kevin Vaugha » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:53:44

No problem with the colors here.  Most people aren't limited to the "web
safe palette" anymore, so if you like it and your target audience isn't
people with computers from the mid 90's and back, don't worry about it *too*
much.

Quote:> Hi all,
> Did a web site recently...very simple site, very simple graphics, my goal
was
> just something pleasant on the eyes, only realized later that my "web safe
> colors" wasn't checked, and in my e*ment of really liking the black
and the
> tan I chose, never gave it a thought. If you have a chance, please look at
the
> site below and let me know what it looks like for you

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> only one other person has mentioned any problem with the logo at the top
not
> blending in with the background. I get some smearing on the logo depending
on
> what machine I am on..enough to make me go back and redesign the whole
thing,
> but I am curious. The smearing I am seeing on the logo, makes NO sense. I
would
> think if it's not gonna blend, the whole size of the logo wouldn't blend,
not
> just small portions of it.

> I didn't see too many colors of beige in the "web safe colors" that I'd be
> happy with but I also don't want visitors visiting the site and saying
> "ugh..what an ugly job at that".

> Don't look closely at the pics...those were just some on hand, new ones
will be
> taken. Oh...you can look at the ghostly imagine I see in the pic on the
> page...shudder...gives me goosebumps...do you see the eyes staring at you?
the
> turban? LOL, not normally nuts..is much more obvious in the orginial,
larger
> pic...

> Your photoshop expertise would be much appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Lori

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by Melna Bard » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:45:13

It looks fine to me, too.  My only suggestion would be to make the title
lettering ("DOUBLE D RANCH" and "BLACK ANGUS") a little bit darker, to
contrast a bit more with the background - I'm just guessing, but the letters
may blend in more on an older or smaller or non-calibrated monitor.

Maris Lidaka Sr

| Hi all,
| Did a web site recently...very simple site, very simple graphics, my goal
was
| just something pleasant on the eyes, only realized later that my "web safe
| colors" wasn't checked, and in my e*ment of really liking the black
and the
| tan I chose, never gave it a thought. If you have a chance, please look at
the
| site below and let me know what it looks like for you
|
| http://www.veryComputer.com/
|
| only one other person has mentioned any problem with the logo at the top
not
| blending in with the background. I get some smearing on the logo depending
on
| what machine I am on..enough to make me go back and redesign the whole
thing,
| but I am curious. The smearing I am seeing on the logo, makes NO sense. I
would
| think if it's not gonna blend, the whole size of the logo wouldn't blend,
not
| just small portions of it.
|
| I didn't see too many colors of beige in the "web safe colors" that I'd be
| happy with but I also don't want visitors visiting the site and saying
| "ugh..what an ugly job at that".
|
| Don't look closely at the pics...those were just some on hand, new ones
will be
| taken. Oh...you can look at the ghostly imagine I see in the pic on the
| page...shudder...gives me goosebumps...do you see the eyes staring at you?
the
| turban? LOL, not normally nuts..is much more obvious in the orginial,
larger
| pic...
|
| Your photoshop expertise would be much appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
| Lori

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by DosBoss » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:25:51

I'm still wondering what part of the image gives you
goosebumps.............lol

DB57

Quote:>Hi all,
>Did a web site recently...very simple site, very simple graphics, my goal was
>just something pleasant on the eyes, only realized later that my "web safe
>colors" wasn't checked, and in my e*ment of really liking the black and the
>tan I chose, never gave it a thought. If you have a chance, please look at the
>site below and let me know what it looks like for you

>http://www.veryComputer.com/

>only one other person has mentioned any problem with the logo at the top not
>blending in with the background. I get some smearing on the logo depending on
>what machine I am on..enough to make me go back and redesign the whole thing,
>but I am curious. The smearing I am seeing on the logo, makes NO sense. I would
>think if it's not gonna blend, the whole size of the logo wouldn't blend, not
>just small portions of it.

>I didn't see too many colors of beige in the "web safe colors" that I'd be
>happy with but I also don't want visitors visiting the site and saying
>"ugh..what an ugly job at that".

>Don't look closely at the pics...those were just some on hand, new ones will be
>taken. Oh...you can look at the ghostly imagine I see in the pic on the Home
>page...shudder...gives me goosebumps...do you see the eyes staring at you? the
>turban? LOL, not normally nuts..is much more obvious in the orginial, larger
>pic...

>Your photoshop expertise would be much appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Lori

quick check on what site looks like..please

Post by OWAThri » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:13:24

Thanks for the responses. Its a very simple site and I was relying heavily on
the colors to make it more appeasing. Even now, looking at it on this screen at
home, I get that *going on in the logo and it's frustrating to see..lol.

To run at 1024 x 768, I can only go to "High Color 16 bit" but my machine is 3
yrs old. I know many of the ranches these days are state of the art, I'll hope
that speaks of their computing equipment too. :-)  Its still a heck of a lot
nicer than some of those ranch sites out there..even some done by one
particular "professional" company that charges what I think are ridiculous
rates for what they are producing. My 10 yr old could do a better graphic in
"Paint" and my 16 yr old could blow them outta the water in Photoshop, after
only playing with it for two weeks.  Course he installed every plugin I had,
you know have to hit the down arrow to see all the plugins for the filters. :-(
Then again, maybe I should have let him do "my" graphics...lol.

Anyway, thanks very much for looking and sending your comments. Just
frustrating to know a few might not see it the way you intended. And yes, Jane,
it is a nice ranch,  ty, he's very proud of it, and the organic aspects make
one realize how much harder it is for him to achieve what he has.

Thanks again all..
Lori

Post by OWAThri » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:58:17

>I'm still wondering what part of the image gives you
>goosebumps.............lol

:-)) It's a fraction past 1/4 way from left edge, right at the tree line. Some
say it looks like smoke when describing the picture in general. You'll see a
clump of trees right at the left edge of the pic, then a small break. It's
directly under the 2nd tree after that break. The eyes are RIGHT in where the
pic is dark, above the grass. The  turban is on both sides of that 2nd tree.

Its easier to see in the original pic which is larger. The eye on the left
(looking at the pic) is quite intense in the original. Reduced down, its
affects are minimized a little..lol. There's even some contour between the eyes
tho, I think. Looking at it now, I can see the right eye better...the white and
iris is more pronounced.

I looked at the pic when it was sent to me originally a month ago. It was only
when I brought it back up in photoshop to work on it that I instantly saw the
image. And now, as with most visual things, I can't let go of it. We're
thinking of changing that intro pic monthly....I can't wait.

See it?   :-)

PS. I've been taking my meds..I swear!!!