Retaining size of JPEG image when distilling to PDF

Retaining size of JPEG image when distilling to PDF

Post by Bill Hathaw » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:38:59

I want to create a CD-ROM with approximately 520 8" x 10" grayscale
jpeg images at 300 DPI.  I want to use 300 DPI, so they can be printed
with clarity.  When distilling one of these JPEG images to PDF format
the size increases from 1 meg to over 3 meg.  Is there a way to retain
the jpeg image size of 1 meg after distilling?  Any other ideas?

Post by Matti Vuor » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:15:11

> I want to create a CD-ROM with approximately 520 8" x 10" grayscale
> jpeg images at 300 DPI.  I want to use 300 DPI, so they can be printed
> with clarity.  When distilling one of these JPEG images to PDF format
> the size increases from 1 meg to over 3 meg.  Is there a way to retain
> the jpeg image size of 1 meg after distilling?  Any other ideas?

Just select a more aggressive compression in Distiller.

--
Matti Vuori, <http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/mvuori>
Vapaana ty?markkinoilla!

1. Retaining image size

I have the following problem:
When I have made changes to an existing image (JPEG), and saves it, PS asks
me to set the compression ratio. Actually just opening an image and saving
it under another name requires this.

All I want is to have the changed image to be of the same quality and thus
approx. the same size as the original. In fact I can even set the
compression so that the resulting image is larger than the original, which
makes no sense, since the quality cannot get better than the original.
So please, can anyone explain how to do this or why it is so complicated in
PS.

Thanx.
Niceguy

2. Starship Troopers animated series question

3. Printing issues with PM when distilling to PDF

4. Game-On 2002 Call for Papers

5. distilling .ps to .pdf loses underline

6. Lightwave Resources

7. Distilling Direct to PDF Disabled

8. HELP Time formats with commas delimited files

9. Distilling to PDF

10. Cannot Distill PM files into PDF

11. Image size when producing PDF documents

12. help needed, window sizing in DirectX 3D retained mode

13. Problem distilling TIFF images but not EPS?...