Help! setting preferences in PS

Post by Uvulopalatopharyngoplas » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

This is really frustrating. For some reason, every time I try to open an
image, I have to go through the entire path all over again because it
doesn't remember where I was last. The default is in the 'samples'
folder. When I _save_ something, it remembers, but not when I _open_ an
image.

Any idea how to set this? I'm about to tear my hair out after spending 80
minutes just opening the images!

TIA,
Holly

Help! setting preferences in PS

Post by Fred Holme » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Try using the RECENT FILES thingy down at the bottom. It's got your 4 most
recently opened files in it, so that you can sort of default into the last
used directory by opening one of them rather than using FILE>OPEN.

Quote:> This is really frustrating. For some reason, every time I try to open an
> image, I have to go through the entire path all over again because it
> doesn't remember where I was last. The default is in the 'samples'
> folder. When I _save_ something, it remembers, but not when I _open_ an
> image.

> Any idea how to set this? I'm about to tear my hair out after spending 80
> minutes just opening the images!

> TIA,
> Holly

Help! setting preferences in PS

Post by ACE in hungr » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Please find photos50.ini, which should be under your [Photoshop folder]\Adobe
Photoshop Settings. Open it with Notepad, and you can find one line:

STARTUPIMAGEDIRECTORY=

Key in your path here. And next time Photoshop will select this folder when
you choose open.

By the way, Photoshop should auto-update this path everytime you open/save an
image. I have no idea what happened to your machine. What system are you
using?

Wolf Ding
Drop PPP to reply

Post by Uvulopalatopharyngoplas » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

: By the way, Photoshop should auto-update this path everytime you open/save an
: image. I have no idea what happened to your machine. What system are you
: using?

I thought so too - I'm not sure what happened. I'm using a P-150, running
windows 98. Hmm - odd. Thanks for the tip - as soon as I get home I'm
going to do what you suggested.

Thanks for the input (everyone!)
Holly

Post by Ross » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>: By the way, Photoshop should auto-update this path everytime you open/save an
>: image. I have no idea what happened to your machine. What system are you
>: using?

>I thought so too - I'm not sure what happened. I'm using a P-150, running
>windows 98. Hmm - odd. Thanks for the tip - as soon as I get home I'm
>going to do what you suggested.

>Thanks for the input (everyone!)
>Holly

Something must be malfunctioning for you. That .ini file is
continuously updated every time you open anything. The directory
should be changing.

BTW, can somebody give Adobe a swift kick? Why can't PS just go
directly to the right directory - as in actions, gradients, palettes,
brushes, duotones, etc.? Also, it's very annoying to go to open an
image and find yourself buried 6 subdirectories deep in a color tables
folder.

Here's a tip, though - at least for us poor Windows saps. Create
shortcuts to all the PS folders in the root folder. You can do this by
dragging the subfolder(s) with the right mouse button to the higher
directory, and choosing "Create Shortcut(s) Here". Then, in any
dialog, you can just go to the higher level directory and double-click
on the shortcut for where you want to go.

Ross

1. Setting Monitor Gamma Preferences PSP 7.02

        After seeing a posting discussing this adjustment I looked it
up in the Paint Shop Manual. I opened the gamma window and the inner
squares in the Red, Green and Blue settings were much darker than the
outside areas.  Per the manual "drag the red, green, and blue slider
controls to adjust the dittered areas until they are of equal
brightness".   The dithered areas are the outside rectangle so I
assume that means to adjust the sliders until the inner rectangle
blends in with the outer  rectangle.  I can do this.  The red
adjustment is 1.64. Green is 1.54 and Blue is 1.88.  The inner
rectangle in the last block is matched well too.  Some of my pictures
look different then they did (these were done some time ago) and the
more recent ones look okay for color but seem a little light now.  Am
I doing this adjustment right?  Do the numbers sound about right?

TIA
Hank/ NC
Response by e-mail not expected but to respond remove
anti-spam ending ".uk"

2. doing gluLookAt by myself

3. CS preference settings changing

4. OpenGL on DirectX surface ?

5. Preferences settings problem

6. help on type?...

7. Setting own preferences on right mouse click

8. *** CHROME ***

9. HOW to set up opengl preferences im max 2.0

10. PS save preference?

11. PS CS: how to change location of preference files

12. 70 meg PS 7 preference file?

13. Preferences in PS 5.0