3D or shadow text?

Post by ergobo » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 04:37:20

Hello,

Using PS Elements, is there a way give text a shadow or a 3D effect?

I tried all of the options under Effects/Text but could not see a 3D
appearing one.

Thanks a lot,

Bob

3D or shadow text?

Post by Odysseu » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:13:34

> Hello,

> Using PS Elements, is there a way give text a shadow or a 3D effect?

> I tried all of the options under Effects/Text but could not see a 3D
> appearing one.

You mean a simulated cast shadow instead of a drop shadow? I don't know
if this will work in Elements, but in the full version I'd just make a
drop shadow effect to start with using Layer Style, then Create Layer to
split the shadow from the text, allowing it to be skewed or otherwise
given a distortion suggesting perspective.

--
Odysseus