Need help in finding filters - please

Post by l.. » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 05:08:57

Hello, I'm looking for the following filters/plug-ins.  I would certainly
appreciate whatever help anyone might be able to provide in helping me find
them!

1.  A filter that simulates the "spiral" of a  spiral notebook.
2.  A cutline-style filter that produces soft, diffused lines.

I have provided an example at the following location, to better illustrate
what I'm looking for.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

http://158.222.0.3/~hideaway/example.jpg (15k)

Need help in finding filters - please

Post by Alberta » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:44:20

Quote:>Hello, I'm looking for the following filters/plug-ins.

Forget filters and plug-ins...  All they are are compiled actions.   Go to a
decent search engine, (google.com), and do a search on "photoshop actions"  ...
 There's bunches of them for FREE...  You should find what you're looking for
somewhere amongst them and a whole lot more...

Post by Philipp Sp?t » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:20:46

> >Hello, I'm looking for the following filters/plug-ins.

> Forget filters and plug-ins...  All they are are compiled actions.

Bullshit.
Filters can do virtually anything the author can think off.
Actions only consist of already existing functionallity.

Quote:>   Go to a
> decent search engine, (google.com), and do a search on "photoshop actions"  ...
>  There's bunches of them for FREE...  You should find what you're looking for
> somewhere amongst them and a whole lot more...

possibly

Philipp Sp?th

Need help in finding filters - please

Post by Fit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 05:20:46 +0200, Philipp Sp?th

>Bullshit.
>Filters can do virtually anything the author can think off.
>Actions only consist of already existing functionallity.

Filters also consist only of existing functionality. If it were
otherwise, the program wouldn't be able to carry out the filter
functions.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
     Fitz
http://usa.spis.co.nz/fitz/index.html
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Need help in finding filters - please

Post by Taci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>>Bullshit.
>>Filters can do virtually anything the author can think off.
>>Actions only consist of already existing functionallity.

>Filters also consist only of existing functionality. If it were
>otherwise, the program wouldn't be able to carry out the filter
>functions.

Unlike an action, a filter is a computer program. As such, the filter can
perform operations which Photoshop cannot. Examples of such operations
performed by filters include the fractal geometry functions in some of the
Kai's Power Tools filters; Photoshop has no fractal generation capability by
itself.

An action can perform only operations which Photoshop can already do--execute
Photoshop commands, etc. If you can't do it with Photoshop commands, you can't
do it with an action.

A filter can do anything--even things which cannot be done by any Photoshop
commands. Many current Photoshop filters are more sophisticated and complex
than the original version of Photoshop. A filter can perform mathematical and
other operations which no Photoshop commands perform; an action cannot.

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Chris C » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 05:20:46 +0200, Philipp Sp?th

> >Bullshit.
> >Filters can do virtually anything the author can think off.
> >Actions only consist of already existing functionallity.

> Filters also consist only of existing functionality. If it were
> otherwise, the program wouldn't be able to carry out the filter
> functions.

Huh?
A filter can do _anything_ with the input values (including ignore them).
Because filter plug-ins are written in a programming language like C or C++
they can do literally anything.  They do NOT depend on any of the existing
functionality in Photoshop.

Chris

Need help in finding filters - please

Post by Chris C » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >Hello, I'm looking for the following filters/plug-ins.

> Forget filters and plug-ins...  All they are are compiled actions.

No, they're not.
Filters are compiled code, which can do anything.
Actions can only use the commands already present in Photoshop.

Chris

Post by Philipp Sp?t » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:16:34

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 05:20:46 +0200, Philipp Sp?th

> >Bullshit.
> >Filters can do virtually anything the author can think off.
> >Actions only consist of already existing functionallity.

> Filters also consist only of existing functionality. If it were
> otherwise, the program wouldn't be able to carry out the filter
> functions.

The idea of plugins is to give developers the possebility to add
functionality to the main programm. And its not the programm
that carries out the plugins functions. Its the plugin...

I mean the plug gets the images data and the developer can alter
the images data in whatever way he can think of.
He does not need to rely on ps functionality.

Quote:

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>      Fitz
> http://usa.spis.co.nz/fitz/index.html
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

reguards,
Philipp

1. PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

Ok -- thanks so much just for reading this!!

Please, E-mail me if you can help me with this...  I have the Alien
Black Box and this happens every time I try to use it: it loads  up, I
see the little Alien Black Box filter graphics, but then time glass
icon shows up for about 20 seconds and finally --  photoshop has
encountered an error making me close it.

Thanks you so much!!

Brian

2. triangulation of vertices

3. Please help me find this plugin or filter...

4. 3D-Animator wanted

5. help please: need sepia filter

6. No After Effects newsgroup?

7. Filters Unlimited need help please

8. Location automation plug-in in ps5.0 ???

9. EnumEnhMetaFile Help Needed! (Please Please Please)

10. Need help finding Gaussian Blur Filter for PShop4! Please help!

11. help finding 2 filters

12. help finding filters

13. plz help...i'm finding some filters...