make graphic cutout to import into Freehand

make graphic cutout to import into Freehand

Post by timithoy gander » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:30:05

I have a picture of me and some friends with a white background.  I want to
be able to import it into Freehand, with a trasnparent background.  I've
seen it done from photoshop, with masks, etc.....   but every attempt i've
tried has failed.   Over 20 times...   please help with step by step
instructions..    I know how to use the magic wand and make a path..  but
what now?   thanks for your help!!!!!

make graphic cutout to import into Freehand

Post by Macrome » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:15:37

It may be easier to just bring in the whole rectangular bitmap, then draw a
shape in FreeHand and "Paste Into" it.

jd

Public forums have first claim on support hours -- for private email,
see Priority Access at http://www.macromedia.com/support/

make graphic cutout to import into Freehand

Post by Taci » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:28:33

Quote:>I have a picture of me and some friends with a white background.  I want
>to be able to import it into Freehand, with a trasnparent background.

You need to make a clipping path.

Quote:>I've
>seen it done from photoshop, with masks, etc.....   but every attempt i've
>tried has failed.   Over 20 times...   please help with step by step
>instructions..    I know how to use the magic wand and make a path..  but
>what now?

DO NOT use the magic wand to make a path. A path created from a selection is
always poor quality, inferior to a path created with the Pen tool. Learn to use
the Pen tool. It takes practice, but you will be glad you did.

To make a clipping path:

Create your path. In the Paths palette, double click on it (it will be called
"Work Path") and give it a name.

Now, from the Paths palette flyout menu, choose the Clipping Path command.

In the Clipping Path dialog, choose the path you just made.

Save the file as a TIFF or EPS.

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. FREEHAND - Importing EPS format graphics

I have a customer who wants to open a EPS document in Freehand 5.0 (MAC),
which has been previously saved as EPS/freehand.  When he opens it it
renames the current window to something like the name with "(Converted)-1"
tacked on the end.  This means he cannot simply overwrite the existing
file (when exporting as EPS) after he has made changes as the name has
changed!
Not a big problem if only a few graphics to do, but he does dozens every
day, and another program uses the exact filename to build a directory.

Is there any way of getting Freehand not to automatically change the name
as it imports the graphic?

Please Help!!!

--
Contact

2. normal rotation

3. making cutout

4. Jewelcad, Rhino 3D, Boat Design, 3DSmax42, 3D Studio VIZ R3i, Actrix all, Symbols, ERDAS, Foxpro7, EPLAN, Natinst, Xilinx, Siemens Simatic, PCB, Cadence, OrCAD, Protel, FPGA, VHDL, Bentley, SPSS, GIS, MapInfo, Delphi6, Oracle9i, 20 gigabytes/week sof

5. Cutout Graphic Question

6. Help for a really newcomer

7. FREEHAND 5.0 Document renaming on import problem

8. Graphic card advise....

9. FreeHand 7 > TIFF file Import

10. FreeHand 7 - Image Import View Quality

11. HELP PLEASE!! Import problem, PowerPoint from Freehand

12. Freehand 5.0...import/export?

13. Still confused...export/import in Freehand