Sprintscan35 and SGI

Post by Adolf Koen » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We use photoshop(3.0) on a SGI and would like to drive the
Polaroid Sprintscan 35 with this machine too, ideally
similar like on Macs with the Photoshop itself, or with another
software. I called the service at Polaroid, but they seem not
to have a driver. Does anybody know of a plugin for the Photoshop
to drive the scanner in SGI-systems?

Thank you for any advice

Adolf

1. SGI rgb to OMF / OMF to SGI movie and AIFF

I need a conversion utility to transform a series of rgb images into an
OMF video track.
Once the OMF is edited at the Avid then I need to transform from OMF to
a SGI movie
and a single AIFF audio track.

I got the OMF toolkit (it's free from www.omfi.org) but that's how far I
got.
I need it to run on both SGI's and Linux.
So I think I should avoid any SGI library and go for something known to
be more portable, but what? Imagemagik perhaps? Any advice here?
Besides the libraries, I'm still very confused as to how to make the
conversion itself.
I'm still reading the docs, but it doesn't seem to have explicit
reference on the video data format.
Should I load all the images and process them? Is each image the same as
a video sample and can therefore be written directly to the OMF file
(with the proper OMF call)?
Has anybody dealt with this before? Is this the right place to ask these
questions?
Does anybody have a sample source code for me to build from?
I'm totally overwhelmed!

Thanks a lot.
Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Dado Feigenblatt

2. graphics standards

3. Studiopaint 3d 4.0 SGI, Composer 4.5 on SGI, Power Animator Advanced Modeling 8.2

4. Animation FTP sites/FAQ

5. SGI prices (This letter for SGI !!)

6. Sub-Div AVI: From Cube to Creature

7. mv2mpeg: SGI-movie to MPEG converter at ftp.sgi.com

8. Cumulus clouds

9. sgi programs on non-sgi xwindows

10. GL errors when drawing from SGI to SGI

11. SGI rgb to OMF / OMF to SGI movie and AIFF

12. Studiopaint 3d 4.0 SGI, Composer 4.5 on SGI, Power Animator Advanced Modeling 8.2