missing fonts?

Post by Catherine Heat » Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:43:55

Having created a .psd on my laptop that contains "Century Schoolbook" font,
when I transfer to my desktop, this font is not available. In fact I only
have half the fonts available on my desktop machine.

Is this a photoshop or a windows issue.

Any help solving this would be appreciated

Regards

missing fonts?

Post by Harry Haye » Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:38:57

Quote:> Having created a .psd on my laptop that contains "Century Schoolbook"
font,
> when I transfer to my desktop, this font is not available. In fact I only
> have half the fonts available on my desktop machine.
> Is this a photoshop or a windows issue.

Straightforward job to copy the missing fonts onto a disc (floppy or
otherwise) and paste into the Fonts folder.
The Fonts folder should be found 'on either machine' at - explorer - C drive
(in my case) - progammes - windows - fonts.
HH

missing fonts?

Post by Bria » Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:58:56

> Straightforward job to copy the missing fonts onto a disc (floppy or
> otherwise) and paste into the Fonts folder.
> The Fonts folder should be found 'on either machine' at - explorer - C drive
> (in my case) - progammes - windows - fonts.

For most people the Windows folder is not located in a folder called
Programs (or Progammes, whatever that is). It is normally at the root
level of the C: drive (the driveletter may change from system to system;
I'm referring to whatever partition you have Windows installed to) and
it may be called Windows or WinNT depending on your version of Windows.
The Fonts folder is located inside the Windows folder.

So:

C:/Windows/Fonts

or

C:/WinNT/Fonts

Brian

missing fonts?

Post by Harry Haye » Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:19:57

> For most people the Windows folder is not located in a folder called
> Programs (or Progammes, whatever that is). It is normally at the root
> level of the C: drive (the driveletter may change from system to system;
> I'm referring to whatever partition you have Windows installed to) and
> it may be called Windows or WinNT depending on your version of Windows.
> The Fonts folder is located inside the Windows folder.

Quite right Brian - apologies - for the spelling mistake too!!
HH

1. Announce: Font Fetch for QXP Opens Missing Fonts!

NRG Software ships upgrade to Font Fetch for QuarkXPress

Milwaukee, WI -- July 22, 1996 -- NRG Software, LLC., today shipped Font
Fetch 1.3, a QuarkXPress XTension that is destined to revolutionize font
management. Unlike utilities that collect fonts for output and analyze for
errors, Font Fetch opens any missing fonts in documents, libraries, and
placed EPS images, saving hours per week, that are accessible from sets in
Symantec Corp.'s Suitcase 3.0. Now QuarkXPress users no longer have to
write down cryptic names of fonts that are missing in documents and then
go into their font manager to find and open them.  Font Fetch is also
great for scripters who batch process files for output.

A version of Font Fetch for PageMaker will be released shortly, and will
be made available online free to all registered users.

Priced at $99.95 (volume discounts are available) per copy, Font Fetch is
available world-wide through XChange, Inc. Call 800-788-7557 in the US and
Canada) or 415-864-7592 (fax 415-864-7594) elsewhere.

General product information, demos and updaters are available online at

calling XChange.

2. PS4, Windows 98 and Canon Printer Drivers

3. The Missing Font!!

4. Buy at a very low price!!!!!

5. missing font in Illustrator

6. 5th Eurographics Wshop Anim.+sim. papers?

7. "Missing Font" Xpress 3.3

8. Pnurbs

9. Missing fonts when displaying on IRIX

10. problems with missing fonts..

11. Missing Fonts in PSP

12. Missing Font in PS CS

13. finding out name of Missing font