Help: I need to download an old version of PS - Have key

Help: I need to download an old version of PS - Have key

Post by Al Dyk » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 04:29:23

I'm rebuilding my PC from scratch and find that the PS CD has gone
missing from the jewelcase.

I have the key.

I need to download the PS software. It's "CS 8" and the education
version if it makes any difference for the key.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Al*s

Help: I need to download an old version of PS - Have key

Post by Matti Vuor » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 05:10:36

Quote:> I need to download the PS software. It's "CS 8" and the education
> version if it makes any difference for the key.

You must be living in the future. The current version is CS 4 and CS 5
should be released next week. CS 8 will probably be released sometime
around 2015. Most likely Adobe is still around and sell you the disk or
provide a download from their site, just as they do for Photoshop now.

Post by Al Dyk » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 05:42:06

>> I need to download the PS software. It's "CS 8" and the education
>> version if it makes any difference for the key.

>You must be living in the future. The current version is CS 4 and CS 5
>should be released next week. CS 8 will probably be released sometime
>around 2015. Most likely Adobe is still around and sell you the disk or
>provide a download from their site, just as they do for Photoshop now.

I thought that looked strange. I took it from the purchase invoice
(9/16/2004) with the line item of

   "Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

Isn't PS 7 widely used by people that are even cheaper than I am?

FWIW, I still have the email address to which I registered this
copy. I don't suppose Adobe will let me d/l 5 year old software.

I'm pissed.  I've managed literally thousands of bits of software at
work and have a system and have never lost anything.  My system failed
me last night.

--
Al*s

Post by tony coope » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:24:09

>>> I need to download the PS software. It's "CS 8" and the education
>>> version if it makes any difference for the key.

>>You must be living in the future. The current version is CS 4 and CS 5
>>should be released next week. CS 8 will probably be released sometime
>>around 2015. Most likely Adobe is still around and sell you the disk or
>>provide a download from their site, just as they do for Photoshop now.

>I thought that looked strange. I took it from the purchase invoice
>(9/16/2004) with the line item of

>   "Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

>Isn't PS 7 widely used by people that are even cheaper than I am?

>FWIW, I still have the email address to which I registered this
>copy. I don't suppose Adobe will let me d/l 5 year old software.

>I'm pissed.  I've managed literally thousands of bits of software at
>work and have a system and have never lost anything.  My system failed
>me last night.

The Photoshop generation following PS 7 was initially called CS 8.  It
was later re-named simply Adobe Photoshop CS.  (CS = Creative Suite)

There are several places on the web where you can download CS 8.  Just
Google for it.  What you will get is a time-limited demo.  For
permanent use you must purchase the license.

I'd suggest you download the demo and use your key to activate it for
permanent use.  If it doesn't work, you aren't out anything.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Post by Jonz » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:27:02

>>> I need to download the PS software. It's "CS 8" and the education
>>> version if it makes any difference for the key.

>> You must be living in the future. The current version is CS 4 and CS 5
>> should be released next week. CS 8 will probably be released sometime
>> around 2015. Most likely Adobe is still around and sell you the disk or
>> provide a download from their site, just as they do for Photoshop now.

> I thought that looked strange. I took it from the purchase invoice
> (9/16/2004) with the line item of

>     "Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

> Isn't PS 7 widely used by people that are even cheaper than I am?

> FWIW, I still have the email address to which I registered this
> copy. I don't suppose Adobe will let me d/l 5 year old software.

> I'm pissed.  I've managed literally thousands of bits of software at
> work and have a system and have never lost anything.  My system failed
> me last night.

You are probably looking for Photoshop CS which is Ver8. CS2=Ver9,
CS3=Ver10. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of that.

Jonz

1. Older version of PS needed

I am searching for an older version of PS so that I may legitimately
register my PS6 upgrade. I was running PS5, upgraded from my previous
version, and discovered the PS5 I bought at our PCuser's group auction
was a pirated version. Hence the reistration number is bogus and I have
sold my oder vesion of Ps to recoup my costs. Trust and stupidity have
placed me in a situation with which I am not comfortable. According to
Adobe people, I can use any older version to get back in the proper loop
to have my legitimately purchased PS6 registered.
I live in Canada. Any body who can sell an older legit version?
Thanks,
Jim

2. How to make selections of exact pixel measurement?

3. old versions of Paint Shop Pro for download?

4. Need Shaded Border on graphic with Corel 8

5. Help needed using downloaded PS clip art

6. Strange problem drawing to TCanvas.

7. Wanted: Older P.S. full version to register

8. light

9. Help 4 people having crackz version of Maya!!

10. Need old version of LView

11. Needed: Screenshots of older versions of MS Windows 1.0, 2.0

12. Need older PS Plugin SDK

13. Old version needed AFTER upgrade to 7 ??