OT - LCD &TFT monitors for graphics?

Post by Steve Hoffman » Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:20:11

I'm not up to date on these new monitor technologies. Google isn't helping
much. Can someone please explain the difference between LCD and TFT
technology? Do both of these types of monitors use the DVI output jack on
video cards? Are either of these flat panel alternatives equal to a good CRT
for graphics editing? THANKS....
--
Steve Hoffmann
http://www.sphoto.com

1. OT: Belinea LCD monitors

Has anyone here had any experience with Belinea LCD monitors? In
particular the 10 17 15 model - I find it suspiciously cheap at ~600
euro for a 17" and was wondering whether there's any catch to the offer.

Btw, it seems to have a recommended resolution of 1280x1024, giving a
5:4 aspect ratio instead of the usual 4:3. Would that deform images?

--
Beth Winter, PSP terrorist - New Millenium Division
The Discworld Compendium <http://www.extenuation.net/disc/>

2. Cool 3D 2.5 Box PlugIn: How Does It Work????

3. B&W Mac/LCD Monitor

4. Value of GL_POLYGON_OFFSET_EXT

5. Monitor Advice Needed: LCD & CRT

6. 2D Array to Screen

7. Monitor Calibration, Photshop Workspace, LCD monitor

8. Need HELP about picturebox ZOOM

9. (OT) TFT displays

10. Formac SGI TFT Monitor - Web Question