Combining scans

Post by Kay » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Probably an old question, but is anyone aware of a utility or documented
procedure to join partial scans of large subjects?
rgds

Combining scans

Post by BHilton6 » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Probably an old question, but is anyone aware of a utility or documented
>procedure to join partial scans of large subjects?

The new Wow! book has a page on combining photos of adjacent areas to make
panoramics, which is sort of what you want to do.  pg 157.

Also something similar on-line at www.leppphoto.com (three p's) ... click on
the 'Create Your Own Panorama's with Adobe Photoshop' link.

Combining scans

Post by Rob O'Conn » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Probably an old question, but is anyone aware of a utility or documented
>procedure to join partial scans of large subjects?
>rgds

There was one exactly for that, believe it was called "StitchIt" or
something similar, but it allowed you to scan a large drawing then
have it automatically line up the scans into a full drawing. This was
about 93 or so, so I don't know if they are still around

Combining scans

Post by Wesley Credill » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Yes , Corel Photo Paint can do this and it is the stitch command.
There are also a few plug-ins for photoshop that help with this. You will
have to search for those.

> >Probably an old question, but is anyone aware of a utility or documented
> >procedure to join partial scans of large subjects?

> The new Wow! book has a page on combining photos of adjacent areas to make
> panoramics, which is sort of what you want to do.  pg 157.

> Also something similar on-line at www.leppphoto.com (three p's) ... click
on
> the 'Create Your Own Panorama's with Adobe Photoshop' link.

1. Suggestions for combining scanned and digital picture wrt similar grain

I've been browsing around this NG and around the web for a solution to
this particular problem:

I have two pictures, a scanned photograph (4x6 picture scanned at 300dpi
on
a Canon FB600U USB scanner) and a picture taken with a Canon Powershot
S30
at full resolution (3 megapixel, 2something x 1something).

Scanned:  My wife's softball team, taken with (what appears to be) 400
ASA film. Picture was taken about 7:00pm in the summer so late day light
and was also taken with a flash.  The shirts, which are red, are fairly
bright
and the white lettering is actually ghosted since it's over exposed a
bit.

Digital:  Two people from my wife's softball team who weren't at the
final game.  The picture was taken at around 6:00 on an overcast day
without a flash.

Someone decided that since I know something about computers that I would
be the one to combine them.

I've been able to use masking to remove the two missing players and paste
them in as a new layer on the team photo.

I've also been able to play with burning and dodging to get the shirts
and letters to similar colors/brightness.

The two biggest problems I have:  free rotating and matching graininess.

The scanned picture is grainier than the digital picture.  I know there
are methods for removing some grain, but what's a good method for adding
or matching grain?

Free rotate:  I had thought PSP7 had a free rotate feature (as in, grab
the selection and rotate).  Is this not the case?  It seems the only way
to do it is to specify values which is not as efficient, IMHO.

Any help on these? I'd be more interested in help with the grain issue.

2. illustrator5.5 files to gif

3. Combining Scans

4. How To Get Actual Image Size?

5. combining multipass-scans

6. leonardo da vinci, yes that's right

7. combining multiple scans of same image for greater bit depth

8. Wanted: TGA -> FLI program for UNIX

9. Delphi 5 Combine multiple scanned images into single JPG

10. SCANNING Question: How to Achieve a Hi-res Low-res scan

11. Scanning - RSA\ - scanning.upl [01/01]

12. Electronic Scanning, scans, terri hatcher, madonna,