Making CD covers from LP covers.

Post by bazz » Wed, 23 May 2001 04:30:09

I'm copying My LPs to CDs.

My problem is how to copy the LP covers to CD size as I have only an A4
scanner.

I have Nero 5.5 and Photoshop 5.

It must be possible, but how?

Grateful for any help.

Making CD covers from LP covers.

Post by Phil » Wed, 23 May 2001 05:00:23

Quote:>I'm copying My LPs to CDs.

>My problem is how to copy the LP covers to CD size as I have only an A4
>scanner.

Two ways come to mind. Firstly scan the LPs a number of times turning
them around for each scan so all of it is eventually covered. Then
join the bits in PS or, perhaps even better, Photoshop Elements..

Secondly try taking a picture of the LP and copying from the print or
negative

Remove SPAMLESS from email to reply

Making CD covers from LP covers.

Post by RTM » Wed, 23 May 2001 15:35:41

Photograph them with a digital camera.
Or use an ordinary camera and scan the prints.
--

Ron.
In an infinite universe all things are possible.

Post by Peter Wollenbe » Wed, 23 May 2001 17:10:15

>I'm copying My LPs to CDs.

>My problem is how to copy the LP covers to CD size as I have only an A4
>scanner.

>I have Nero 5.5 and Photoshop 5.

>It must be possible, but how?

>Grateful for any help.

1. Scan the two halves of the cover separately
2. Use the ruler tool together with the Image Rotate arbitrary to
   align th two scans
3. Increase the Canvas of one scan as required
4. Using the Move tool, draw the second scan to the enlarged Canvas
5. Convert the mode of this layer to "Exclusion" and its opacity to
   ca. 80%
6. Position this layer by minimizing the lightness
7. Convert the mode and transparency of this layer to normal / 100 %
8. Add a layer mask and create a gradient from white to black in the
   mask so that the edge of the overlap fades to transparent
9. Flatten the image and crop to a decent square (Set the crop tool to
   a fixed aspect ratio of 1 : 1
10 Resize - print

Part of these jobs can be done via a Makro

HTH, Peter

Post by youg.. » Thu, 24 May 2001 10:12:22

> >I'm copying My LPs to CDs.

> >My problem is how to copy the LP covers to CD size as I have only an A4
> >scanner.

> >I have Nero 5.5 and Photoshop 5.

> >It must be possible, but how?

> >Grateful for any help.

> 1. Scan the two halves of the cover separately
> 2. Use the ruler tool together with the Image Rotate arbitrary to
>    align th two scans
> 3. Increase the Canvas of one scan as required
> 4. Using the Move tool, draw the second scan to the enlarged Canvas
> 5. Convert the mode of this layer to "Exclusion" and its opacity to
>    ca. 80%
> 6. Position this layer by minimizing the lightness
> 7. Convert the mode and transparency of this layer to normal / 100 %
> 8. Add a layer mask and create a gradient from white to black in the
>    mask so that the edge of the overlap fades to transparent
> 9. Flatten the image and crop to a decent square (Set the crop tool to
>    a fixed aspect ratio of 1 : 1
> 10 Resize - print

> Part of these jobs can be done via a Makro

> HTH, Peter

It depends on the cover, but many covers are easily available on the
Internet.  Certainly, most web sites of famous pop artists have many, if
not
all (Dylan, Beatles, Elvis, Mariah Carey, etc.) the original covers.
You
may not be able to find all in your collection, but you would find many,
at
least some, in your collection.

Post by bazz » Thu, 24 May 2001 06:30:06

> > >I'm copying My LPs to CDs.

Many thanks to all repliers.  I am now in full production!

Bazza.

Making CD covers from LP covers.

Post by Phre » Sun, 27 May 2001 01:28:48

well
what you can do is either scan parts of you LP at a time then put it all
together in photoshop then resize it to 12cm x 12cm for CD size OR you can
save yourself some time and surf the net of your favorite fan web sites of
those bands and I'm sure they'll have cover albums posted.  then just resize
those (make sure you don't resize a picture thats too small to begin with
because you'll loose alot of resolution).
anyways have fun with it and tell me if it works!

   .phred.

> I'm copying My LPs to CDs.

> My problem is how to copy the LP covers to CD size as I have only an A4
> scanner.

> I have Nero 5.5 and Photoshop 5.

> It must be possible, but how?

> Grateful for any help.

1. Scanning LP covers

Hi,

I have a little problem: I have to scan about 200 LP covers, but I
only have a legal size scanner, so I have to scan two half an them
merge them exactly together. If done it by hand and it's working, but
it's very hard and time consuming. So I wonder if there is a tool or
photoshop plug in, that can aid me somehow or may bee even do it
automatically.

Thanks for your help, Michael

2. HPGL viewer for X11

3. Making a CD cover

4. sweep line algorithm for line intersection

5. Help making image of self out of scanned CD album covers

6. We are selling software

7. I need a good template for making a complete Jewel case cover for CD's

8. a bit of help needed here .. :)

9. Making a book cover, how much resolution?

10. COVER made with MAX3

11. cd covers,flyers andanims

12. cd cover