messy scanned image

Post by Cleare » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello all. I recently scanned in a drawing my cousin did for my web page, the
thing is i really want to clean it up so I can actually use it. Can anyone tell
me or give me some pointers on how to make scanned drawings beautiful in
photoshop, or (if given ALOT of instructions) illustrator. ?? thanks. err.

messy scanned image

Post by Nico Bo » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Maybe it would be helpful if you tell us what's wrong with it, so you can
get specific advice?
Greetings
Nico Bos

Visit my graphics site at:
http://www.graphics.demon.nl

Quote:> Hello all. I recently scanned in a drawing my cousin did for my web page,

Post by Roy Prest » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hello all. I recently scanned in a drawing my cousin did for my web page, the
> thing is i really want to clean it up so I can actually use it. Can
anyone tell
> me or give me some pointers on how to make scanned drawings beautiful in
> photoshop, or (if given ALOT of instructions) illustrator. ?? thanks. err.

Dozens of methods and filters in P'shop for cleaning up scans. Really need
more specific info from you.
Roy P

messy scanned image

You might want to check out the tutorial on the Photoshop CD.

Post by LCla » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hello all. I recently scanned in a drawing my cousin did for my web page, the
> thing is i really want to clean it up so I can actually use it. Can anyone tell
> me or give me some pointers on how to make scanned drawings beautiful in
> photoshop, or (if given ALOT of instructions) illustrator. ?? thanks. err.

Depends on what's wrong with it but the following are pretty much
"standard" things to do to a scan to make it look better:
1.Filter >Sharpen> Unsharp Mask. Radius=1, Threshold=3, Amount depends
on resolution of scan but probably somewhere between 80 & 300.
2.Image > Adust > Auto Levels
3. If the color is off try Image > Adjust > Variations and pick a
variation you like.
4. If it's too contrasty, dark, light, etc. try Image > Adjust >
Brightness/contrast.

How this helps.
Linda Clay A.K.A. Ms Playdoh

messy scanned image

Post by Igor Gladk » Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Try also Ctrl+U then drag sturation slider at ~25
It may have good looking view.
May helps Ctrl+Shift+L
Quikie tricks.
Harry