help please: need sepia filter

Post by Arfb » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am restoring some photos that are about 100 years old.  I found it easier to
restore them after desaturating them.  After I have the images done I want to
re-sepia them.  Can anyone give me either a sepia filter, plugin or  color
adjustments to help me get back to what I am looking for.  Thanks for your
help.

Mark

help please: need sepia filter

Post by YLitw211 » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>re-sepia them.  Can anyone give me either a sepia filter, plugin or  color
>adjustments to help me get back to what I am looking for.

try action xchange I have used there sepia action plus added alittle more grain
for and old look

"There's always a better tomorrow"

help please: need sepia filter

Post by AC » Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:00:00

If you are running photoshop 5.0 there is a sepi-tone ACTION included.

Open your ACTIONS window  WINDOW>SHOW ACTIONS Click on the arrow to LOAD
ACTIONS.  Go to the drive and folder where you installed photoshop.  Look
for a folder called Goodies.  This was installed as a default when you
installed photoshop.  Look for a folder called ACTIONS and the set that you
want is called IMAGE EFFECTS.  There are two actions for sepi-tones.  One
for grayscale and one for layer.

Personally I think the layer one works best in all situations.

Best of Luck,
Jordan Dossett
The Design Studio

Quote:> I am restoring some photos that are about 100 years old.  I found it
easier to
> restore them after desaturating them.  After I have the images done I want
> re-sepia them.  Can anyone give me either a sepia filter, plugin or  color
> adjustments to help me get back to what I am looking for.  Thanks for your
> help.

> Mark

help please: need sepia filter

Post by Rusty Wrigh » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Add a new layer above the existing photo; change the layer's mode to
Color.  With the paint bucket fill the layer with orange or red or
whatever.  Change the layer's opacity to about 10% to 20%.  When you
have it the way you like it go to the Layers menu at the top and
select flatten image and do Save As and save it to a new file.

If the original image file is in grayscale mode (which would make it
smaller and faster since you already desaturated it) you'll need to
change its mode to RGB before the color layer thing will work.

You could also add a layer mask to the color layer and start with it
as Hide All and then paint on the layer mask with black or white to
put a tint in just certain areas.

help please: need sepia filter

Post by Mr S H Won » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Photoshop has a default Sepia action, available under actions menu
everytime you start Photoshop..

> I am restoring some photos that are about 100 years old.  I found it easier to
> restore them after desaturating them.  After I have the images done I want to
> re-sepia them.  Can anyone give me either a sepia filter, plugin or  color
> adjustments to help me get back to what I am looking for.  Thanks for your
> help.

> Mark

1. Sepia filter - Please Help!

Hi.  I've just repaired an old photograph that was taken around 1915.
Trouble is, I made it in a sharp black and white.  The owner wants me to
restore the original sepia (brownish yellow) tone that you see on all
those old photos.  Can someone please help me?  Is there a filter around
for this?

To email me, just take the "help" out of my email address.

Many thanks.

2. Information Visualization Symposium Deadline is 3-31-96

3. PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

4. Lightwave Tutorials?

5. Need help in finding filters - please

6. How to export an AUTOCAD file to 3DSMAX2 ?

7. Filters Unlimited need help please

8. Compressing terrain information

9. Sepia filter

10. Sepia Filter