Shadows and transparent gifs

Post by Scott Bye » Sat, 21 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:Lanny Chambers writes:

Lanny> b) manually <gak!> create a stippled edge to the shadow using only
Lanny> gray pixels. It won't be pretty or anti-aliased.

c) Take the bluured drop shadow, copy that layer to a new grayscale document
of the same size, convert the mode to bitmap, then back to grayscale, and
then copy that new layer back.

It's a cool effect.  I like the diffusion dither option best myself.

--

Adobe Systems Incorporated                         These are my opinions, and
1585 Charleston Road, P.O. Box 7900                do not necessarily reflect

1. Shadows and transparent gifs

(snip)

Andy, the problem here is to make clean, CLEAN drop shadow transparent images
without a color background.. Many  Web designers have non-Netscape browsers in
mind. You can have the gif's background the same color as the background gif
but it would look horrible on a non-netscape browser. Imagine a white, yellow
or red halo on a grey background.

2. Texture-Problem

3. How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

4. Correspondance between theory and OpenGl ?

5. Converting transparent gifs to regular gifs?

6. Type of bitmap

7. transparent gifs..not totally transparent

8. Using Associated Icons

9. Getting transparent gifs to stay transparent in other apps

10. ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS

11. Creating Shadow GIFS

12. Help with Transparent gifs

13. How to combine two transparent Gifs