A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

Post by Break » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,
>I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
>rounded edges..i have no idea how to..
>if anyone can help please reply.!
>thankyou
>ryan petch

Make a selection rectangle...choose selection/feather...try 5, 10,
pixels and experiment till you get what you like...to round an exact
"radius" just figure out how round you want your corners to be and set
that number in the feather dialog box...so easy
                     Breaker Design

 "Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

Post by Susi » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
> rounded edges..i have no idea how to..
> if anyone can help please reply.!
> thankyou
> ryan petch

Check out Andy's Art Attack Photoshop Tips.
http://www.andyart.com/frames.htm  There are some great tips here and
one about rounded edges.

Susie
(take the "***" from in front of my name for reply emails)

A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

Post by Break » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,
>I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
>rounded edges..i have no idea how to..
>if anyone can help please reply.!
>thankyou
>ryan petch

Make a selection rectangle...choose selection/feather...try 5, 10,
pixels and experiment till you get what you like...to round an exact
"radius" just figure out how round you want your corners to be and set
that number in the feather dialog box...so easy now make the selection
a path (.5) and then convert to a selection again. This is not handled
well in Pshop and results in a less than perfect round rectangle. You
could also stroke and fill the path with color to get a quick round
rectangle. For a nice round/rec I would use the guidelines to set the
size of the rec, then put four circle selections, one snapped in each
corner then add to them a rectangle to the selections to finish. Or
you could create one circle (fill with a color) on a layer and then
make three copies of the layer and snap them to four corners of your
predetermined guidelines and fill in with rectangle snapped to
guidelines in the middle.
                     Breaker Design

 "Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

A SIMPLE QUESTION=A SIMPLE ANSWER RIGHT???

Post by N.. » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> >I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
> >rounded edges..i have no idea how to..
> >if anyone can help please reply.!
> Make a selection rectangle...choose selection/feather...try 5, 10,
> pixels and experiment till you get what you like...to round an exact
> "radius" just figure out how round you want your corners to be....

Wrong.  Don't use Feather; that'll give you a feathered edge, and that's
not what he wants. He just wants a round edge, not a soft, fuzzy one.

Instead, select the rectangle, then choose Select > Modify > Smooth....
then enter a radius.  Round corners without feathering.

Post by ML Griffit » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
> rounded edges <snip>

Ryan:

Make a rectangular selection with the marquee tool, go to
Select>Modify>Smooth and choose the amount. 16 on a 300 dpi image makes
about a 1/4 inch radius.

Peace- Griff

Post by Mardi Wetmo » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
> rounded edges <snip>

A very simple solution to this problem is to go to Astigmatic One Eye
at  http://www.comptechdev.com/cavop/aoe/button.html and download
their buttons font (freeware).  It has several rectangles with rounded
edges to choose from.  Since it is a font, you can use antialiasing
for clear crisp edges.

Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at wctravel dot com.
____________________

Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
Pro tutorials and lots of free graphics.  www.wctravel.com/web
_________________

Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  www.wctravel.com/lowfat

Post by As » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,
>I Am a photoshop 4.0 user and i cant seem to get a rectangle with
>rounded edges..i have no idea how to..
>if anyone can help please reply.!
>thankyou
>ryan petch

I tried using the rectangular marquis tool and selected the area where
I wanted to put the rectangle with rounded corners.  Then
Select>Modify>Smooth and Edit>Stroke (adjust parameters to your
liking).

It seems to work for me...

Regards,
Ashley Vail

1. Excited USENET users like answering simple questions!

I think that's the first time I've ever heard anyone imply they're
unhappy with getting a response to their postings. Usually the problem
is everyone ignores you.

I do find it tends to feel good to help people, yes. Is there something
wrong with that?

If everyone here who had the answer to John Smith's question about
plugging in his toaster chose NOT to answer it because they knew that
everyone else had the answer too, and THEY would answer it instead, John
Smith would not know how to plug his toaster in, and would never have
learned how to make his own toast.

Of course, this isn't the right place to be posting questions about
operating appliances anyway, but hopefully you get my point.

I'm a sporadic Usenet user. I'm not usually around unless I have
questions, so instead of just leeching off the Usenet community whenever
it suits my needs, I try to help out by answering other people's
questions whily I'm waiting for the answers to my own.

Quite often, the answers I get are varied, and I learn several ways to
do things, or perhaps I'm inspired to come up with an entirely different
solution as a result. So I don't mind getting multiple answers one bit,
and I try to drop at least a quick "thanks" to everyone who answers to
let them know I appreciate it.

This isn't a high volume newsgroup, so I don't think newbie questions
are a problem. We were all there once, and when it comes to raytracing,
I'm not that far removed from the newbie state myself.

So there, I guess.

Anyway, I'd suggest you don't complain about getting answers to your
questions, or else people might remember you, and not answer. :-)

As for me, I gotta run. John just called. He wants me to come over and
have some toast.

Rick

2. Lets Give Viper Mike A Hand!

3. Simple question need answer, Urgent!!!!

4. gryphon/lion/eagle source?

5. Another simple question (not answered in the help files)

6. My computer is stuck in 8-bit color! Need help!

7. Nice Simple Question that somebody might answer!!?!#?!!@!!#

8. B-Splines

9. simple question, hard to answer?

10. Please help answer simple questions...

11. simple question , but no answer..

12. msp65...simple editing question...is this right?

13. Simple Task, Simple Question