Novice user needs help Creating simple triangle graphic

Novice user needs help Creating simple triangle graphic

Post by D » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:20:14

Hi,

I need to round off the corners of a table section in a web document
and apprently the only way to do it is to input little graphics in the
corners.

So can someone tell the steps of creating a couple of mini grahics
essentially with half of the graphic say one color and the other half
(split corner to corner) in another color or transparent.

one version creating in effect a triangle of the color and another
version that creates a semi-circle effect for a rounded corner.

If this is not clear I can try and embellish.

Desperate for help ...

Novice user needs help Creating simple triangle graphic

Post by Koote » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:45:40

Quote:> Hi,

> I need to round off the corners of a table section in a web document
> and apprently the only way to do it is to input little graphics in the
> corners.

> So can someone tell the steps of creating a couple of mini grahics
> essentially with half of the graphic say one color and the other half
> (split corner to corner) in another color or transparent.

> one version creating in effect a triangle of the color and another
> version that creates a semi-circle effect for a rounded corner.

> If this is not clear I can try and embellish.

> Desperate for help ...

Ok, since you're desperate...

Make a new image twice the size of the graphic you need.

Alt-click on the background layer to change its name.

Unlock layer 0.

Fill the layer with your background color.

Select a foreground color for the curved part.

Select the ellipse shape tool.

Select "Create filled region" in your shape options.

Hold down the shift key and create an oval that spans the entire image.

Use the crop tool to cut the image down to whatever you need.

Save for web...

1. Graphics Novice Needs Help

        Hello!  This is the graphics' experts page I see, and I was
wondering if all you Gods would deign to help a mere mortal with a
couple of questions? :)  It would be much appreciated.
        I am trying to create just a few small graphics for my web
site, and I'm running into a large amount of pain.
        First of all, is there a way to convert the Word 97 DOC format
into GIF format?  I tried cutting a pasting my fancy-font word into
Paintshop Pro, but I can't find exactly the proper width and height.
Word doesn't tell me, and Paintshop Pro has a default that is totally
irrelevant to the size of the clipboard object, or so it seems.  Is
there any easy way to convert Word words and simple Word graphics into
GIFs?  How about Excel?  Access?  Notepad? :)
        Also, I want to create perhaps a logo and a couple other
little embellishments, perhaps a few arrows, perhaps a nice border,
that sort of thing.  What program would be easiest to use for a novice
who has no interest in becoming an expert, but simply wants to become
competent enough to manufacture little bells and whistles?  I just
want to make my web page look nice :)
        These are questions I have looked all over the web & usenet
for answers to, but I have found none.  Despite the fact that I am
probably just a bad searcher, I just want you to know that I am not
using your time lightly.  I've already spent hours trying to get the
information I need, and I've failed.
        In any case, thank you very much, and I look forward to your

2. Graphics for the WEB...please help !

3. Absolute novice needs help starting graphics programming on SGI

4. sentinal lock

5. Novice Graphic Designer Help Needed

6. 3d rendering in C/C++ on PC

7. Simple task for experienced users, hard task for me - need help

8. Wolfenstein ShareWare

9. Need help creating triangle mesh for a set of points...:(

10. Creating abstract graphs--need help with simple drawing

11. Need help with web graphics, need to be user entered

12. Help with tutorial - novice user

13. Please help a novice create 3-D logo (using POVRay)