Install of 7.0 upgrade doesn't remove older version

Install of 7.0 upgrade doesn't remove older version

Post by Mark Matso » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 02:10:26

I've recently upgraded from PS 5.0 to 7.0.  Everything works great --
however, I've noticed that none of the 5.0 files were removed.  Since my
laptop is a little tight on space, I'd love to free up the space.  Any
reason to keep them around?

Install of 7.0 upgrade doesn't remove older version

Post by Maris V. Lidaka Sr » Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:40:33

If you installed PS 7.0 into a new directory, just use "Add/Remove Programs"
and uninstall PS 5.0

Maris

Quote:> I've recently upgraded from PS 5.0 to 7.0.  Everything works great --
> however, I've noticed that none of the 5.0 files were removed.  Since my
> laptop is a little tight on space, I'd love to free up the space.  Any
> reason to keep them around?

Install of 7.0 upgrade doesn't remove older version

Post by Trevor Denni » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 02:09:53

Mark Matson writes

Quote:>I've recently upgraded from PS 5.0 to 7.0.  Everything works great --
>however, I've noticed that none of the 5.0 files were removed.  Since my
>laptop is a little tight on space, I'd love to free up the space.  Any
>reason to keep them around?

Helps for transferring add-on plug-ins filters etc.

--
Trevor Dennis
Remove s-p-a-m to email

Install of 7.0 upgrade doesn't remove older version

Post by Mark Matso » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 02:33:36

5.0 is no longer in the Add/Remove list, so that's not an option.  Doesn't
sound like it's a big deal -- I'll keep it for a while with the directory
name changed slightly (so I'll be flagged if there's someone still looking
in there), then kill it.  Thanks!

Mark

Post by Bill Hilt » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 04:58:49

>5.0 is no longer in the Add/Remove list, so that's not an option.

You can re-load 5.0 and it should appear on the list, then you can remove it.
Round about way to do it, but it works.

1. Can't install Cool 3D purchased version over the trial version

I tried to install my new purchased version of Cool 3D but the
install wizard says that I already have the trial installed.

Well, yes, I used the trial to see if I wanted to buy it.
I liked it.  I thought the install wizard was very good.
So how do I tell the wizard to install the purchased version?

2. fireGl 1000 and Softimage 3D

3. PI7 Scratch remove doesn't work

4. About mouse control

5. After upgrade, can I sell old version???

6. Which CPU URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Old version needed AFTER upgrade to 7 ??

8. "Typewriter" Fonts Wanted!

9. HIJAAK 95/Install - Serial # doesn't work