Problem: Actions and gif89a export plugin

Problem: Actions and gif89a export plugin

Post by Johan Bromande » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

--------------6BC62DFA0049AF9B0AFB74B4

I have just tried to make an action in PS4 (for WinNT)
that index my picture and then converts it into a transparent
gif using the gif89a export plugin, but this doesn't
seem to work.

The action converts the picture to gif but doesn't
make it transparent as I did when I recorded the action.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem??

/Johan

Johan Bromander, Webmaster
Ericsson Software Technology AB

--------------6BC62DFA0049AF9B0AFB74B4

begin:          vcard
fn:             Johan Bromander
n:              Bromander;Johan
org:            Ericsson Software Technology
adr:            Box 518;;;Karlskrona;;371 23;Karlskrona

title:          Webmaster
tel;work:       0455-395074
tel;fax:        0455-81510
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------6BC62DFA0049AF9B0AFB74B4--

1. Export gif89a problem

Has anyone come across this one...?

I'm running Photoshop 5.02 on NT Server 4 - 233 processor and 128Mb of
RAM.

I take an image and convert it to indexed colour, then export it as a
gif89a. All goes well until I try to save the resulting transparent gif.
As soon as I hit 'save' Photoshop crashes. I have Dr. Watson installed
and the error message generated is as follows:

access violation 0xC0000005
Address 0x0080bc52

the file seems to have been saved fine, but it's a real pain having to
restart the computer every time I want to save a transparent gif (I've
got 50-odd to do...!)

Anuone have any idea what might be going on?

Jon Dixon
____________________________
Jon Dixon, Designer, Hughe Rae Ltd.
Tel:  +44 (0)1332 600110
Fax: +44 (0)1332 733244

http://www.hughesrae.co.uk
____________________________

2. After Effects??

3. Transparent GIFs (New GIF89A Export problems)

4. Why SI is slow?

5. GIF89a Export Plug-In Problem

6. Floating point underflow/overflow handling

7. gif89a export transparency problem

8. anybody heard of the SPIDER imaging system?

9. VRML 2.0 Export plugin problems.

10. GIF89a export module

11. No GIF89a export in PS6?