Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite Released - Bug Fixed!

Post by Robert Barne » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:35:03

Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite Released

I wanted to let everyone know that the bug fix for Ultra-Sharpen 6.0
Lite has been released. Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite fixes the image
corruption bug that was found in the 6.0 release. 6.01 is now
available for download free of charge and can be used as long as you
wish at no charge. A User's Guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format is also
included in the download.

Current 6.0 Lite User's

If you are currently using Ultra-Sharpen 6.0 Lite I recommend that you
remove it (delete the .8li file from the Photoshop > Automate
directory) and download and install the update. While the image
corruption bug only occurred on with a small number of users it is
best to not take a chance.

Download Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite

You can download Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite from the Ultra-Sharpen web
site at http://www.ultrasharpen.com

Thanks,

Robert

Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite Released - Bug Fixed!

Post by Paul Worde » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:57:56

Has anyone used this product...? Any reports good or bad?

Paul W

Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite Released - Bug Fixed!

Post by David Oddi » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:51:54

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:57:56 +1000, "Paul Worden"

>Has anyone used this product...? Any reports good or bad?

Since its free, why don't you try it?

Dave

--
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.

Remove the uppercase N O S P A M to reply via email.

Ultra-Sharpen 6.01 Lite Released - Bug Fixed!

Post by Vizros Plug-i » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:06:18

Nice!

Tony G. Smith
Vizros - Realistic 3D page curl plug-ins and more
Demo at http://www.vizros.com/gallery.html

Post by Leonard Even » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:40:49

> Has anyone used this product...? Any reports good or bad?

> Paul W

I can't be certain, but I believe this plugin may be basically an
implementation of a standard method for edge sharpening.  You copy the
image to a channel, do an edge selection, use levels to separate values
better, blur slightly and copy back the selection to the image.  (In
Photoshop you have to copy so that only the narrow regions around edges
are selected rather than the complement.)  You then apply an unsharp
mask.  As a result you sharpen the edges and leave the rest unaltered,
thus increasing sharpness without accenting grain or other defects.  I
find it is sometimes useful to follow this up by inverting the selection
and applying a smart gaussian blur to it.

This is my standard method of sharpening, and I find it works quite
well.  I work with the Gimp under Linux, so I can't use a Windows
product like this.  But even when working with Photoshop under Windows,
I prefer to do it myself rather than relying on someone else's plugin.