Adobe Premiere forum?

Post by TomZ » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of an Adobe Premiere forum similar to this one?  I
don't care if it's usenet or web based; I just need to learn Premiere.

In case anyone here knows about that program, here's what's going on.
My company is planning to make videos with Premiere.  These videos
will use music by local artists in the background in exchange for a
small royalty.  Unfortunately the sound files on the CD ROMs don't
seem to be importable into Premiere.  They're "cda" files.  Apparently
we need to turn them into "aif" or "wav" files first.  We have a sound
editing program (Cool Edit 2000), but can't seem to make it do the
conversion.  Will Premiere convert cda files?

Adobe Premiere forum?

Post by John Carswel » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> In case anyone here knows about that program, here's what's going on.
> My company is planning to make videos with Premiere.  These videos
> will use music by local artists in the background in exchange for a
> small royalty.  Unfortunately the sound files on the CD ROMs don't
> seem to be importable into Premiere.  They're "cda" files.  Apparently
> we need to turn them into "aif" or "wav" files first.  We have a sound
> editing program (Cool Edit 2000), but can't seem to make it do the
> conversion.  Will Premiere convert cda files?

First off, the forum you want to be posting in is rec.video.desktop - lots
of Adobe Premiere users there.

To answer your question, I believe you're trying to read the contents of an
audio CD. You'll need a CD "Ripper" to extract the audio data from an audio
CD into a .WAV or .AIFF file on your computer - then you can import them
directly into Premiere. There are a fair number of shareware CD Ripper
applications available - check out davecentral.com or shareware central.
It's sometimes a bit of a trial to find one that will work with your CD-ROM
drive, particularly if it's more than a couple of years old. Some older
CD-ROM drives don't support this method of extraction at all - if so, your
best bet is to purchase and install a new drive.

Adobe Premiere forum?

Post by Austi » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Why don't you just convert the cd tracks to wav files and then import them
into
Premiere? That's the easiest way........

Post by Diane Wils » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Does anyone know of an Adobe Premiere forum similar to this one?  I
> > don't care if it's usenet or web based; I just need to learn Premiere.

Try rec.video.desktop.
--

Web design:  http://www.firelily.com/
Personal:    http://www.firelily.com/goddess/

It is neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never
question anything.   (Joseph Heller)

Adobe Premiere forum?

Post by GREG BRITTE » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

To convert the CD tracks into WAV files, use a program like Audio Catalyst
(tyhere are others, but that is the one I use).  It also makes MP3s, but you
can specify WAV file output, which will give better Audio quality at the
expense of disk space (~60MB for a ~5 minute track, I think, but somebody
will probably correct me!).  Audio Catalyst is available on the net, I think
www.xing.com
is the URL.