Bad bad bad color from printer

Post by Alix Hartma » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:35:10

I'm using Win98SE and have an Epson 740 Inkjet.  Monitor is MultiSync
LCD1525V.  When I print colors from Word, they are not even close to what I
see on the screen.  When I set text to a Dark Blue, the printer gives me a
light teal.  I sest to Blue, and I get a turquoise print output.  Generally,
the print is much much lighter and brighter than what I was expecting.

I think it used to work okay.  I've had this setup for 18 months, and the
printer for 3 years.  When the printer was attached to a mac, the print
color was acceptable.

Could this be due to a bad ink cartridge?  A black cartridge I recently
purchased needed a lot of cleaning before it would work at all, and by the
time I got the black to print, the ink was half gone.  I picked it up at a
local store and maybe it was old.  It was an Epson cartridge.

I have some kind of color profile folders on my computer.  I have no idea
what they are or what to do to use them.  Can anybody help me?

--

[To reply, first take out the Binky]

--

[To reply, first take out the Binky]

Bad bad bad color from printer

Post by Paul Britt Garci » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:51:03

You will need to create a new color profile since you switched computer
platforms!

Love in Christ,

Britt

--
Britt's Superstore: Super Values! at a Super Easy Place to Shop!
http://brittssuperstore.iwonstores.com

> I'm using Win98SE and have an Epson 740 Inkjet.  Monitor is MultiSync
> LCD1525V.  When I print colors from Word, they are not even close to what
> see on the screen.  When I set text to a Dark Blue, the printer gives me a
> light teal.  I sest to Blue, and I get a turquoise print output.
Generally,
> the print is much much lighter and brighter than what I was expecting.

> I think it used to work okay.  I've had this setup for 18 months, and the
> printer for 3 years.  When the printer was attached to a mac, the print
> color was acceptable.

> Could this be due to a bad ink cartridge?  A black cartridge I recently
> purchased needed a lot of cleaning before it would work at all, and by the
> time I got the black to print, the ink was half gone.  I picked it up at a
> local store and maybe it was old.  It was an Epson cartridge.

> I have some kind of color profile folders on my computer.  I have no idea
> what they are or what to do to use them.  Can anybody help me?

> --

> [To reply, first take out the Binky]

> --

> [To reply, first take out the Binky]

Bad bad bad color from printer

Post by Mike Russel » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 06:46:57

Alix,

Sounds to me like your magenta cartridge is empty.  Try running the nozzle
check pattern: go to printer properties, click on the Utility tab, and press
the Nozzle Check button.

Forget about profiles for the time being - set your printer to PhotoEnhance,
or no color correction, and print from PhotoShop with no color adjustments
at all.  That will get you close to the mark.

I just print using PhotoEnhance mode, and believe me I've tried it all.

If you decide to use profiles, try the following procedure:

http://www.btinternet.com/~ian.lyons/photoshop_6/ps6_1.htm

> I'm using Win98SE and have an Epson 740 Inkjet.  Monitor is MultiSync
> LCD1525V.  When I print colors from Word, they are not even close to what
> see on the screen.  When I set text to a Dark Blue, the printer gives me a
> light teal.  I sest to Blue, and I get a turquoise print output.
Generally,
> the print is much much lighter and brighter than what I was expecting.

> I think it used to work okay.  I've had this setup for 18 months, and the
> printer for 3 years.  When the printer was attached to a mac, the print
> color was acceptable.

> Could this be due to a bad ink cartridge?  A black cartridge I recently
> purchased needed a lot of cleaning before it would work at all, and by the
> time I got the black to print, the ink was half gone.  I picked it up at a
> local store and maybe it was old.  It was an Epson cartridge.

> I have some kind of color profile folders on my computer.  I have no idea
> what they are or what to do to use them.  Can anybody help me?

> --

> [To reply, first take out the Binky]

1. bad film or bad exposure--fixable in PS6?

I'm not sure what's caused this, but a batch of film came back developed
with a lot of noise, and the photos look really bad. What could have caused
this, I wonder. Expired film? Insufficient exposure? Anyway, the colors
beneath the noise are still intense and beautiful, and the compositions are
interesting. I'd like to work with them.

What would be a good way to salvage these (landscape) images in PS6, if at
all possible? And if anyone recognizes the damage I'm describing, could you
please tell me what you think it's caused by?

Many thanks,
Scarlett

2. To all freelancers who've responded...

3. Bad Color Display of png Files When Switching

4. **** HELP IMAGINE -> PIXPRO -> LIGHTWAVE ****

5. bad colors on Indy as X-Terminal

6. Moving 2D objects in real-time

7. Correct bad color