Pict vs Tiff (can't import tiff files)

Post by Michael Edwin Haberm » Thu, 01 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello Experts,

  It seems that I can't import/place a TIFF file from photoshop into
  Pagemaker 5.0.  I get an error:  can't find application...

  What about Pict files?  Are they lossless?  What's the scope on Pict
  format vs Tiff formats

  thanks

Pict vs Tiff (can't import tiff files)

Post by Jim Dornb » Fri, 02 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>  It seems that I can't import/place a TIFF file from photoshop into
>  Pagemaker 5.0.  I get an error:  can't find application...

Michael...

That error is caused by having the control panel, Macintosh Easy Open,
installed. Get rid of the control panel either by simpy trashing it
and restarting or disable it. PM will place tifs fine for you.

As for PICT - it may work fine, maybe not, for around the office, but
it certainly sucks for high res output. Don't start bad habits now.

Jim

Post by Ford Prefe » Fri, 02 May 1997 04:00:00

>On 30 Apr 1997 16:17:44 GMT, Michael Edwin Haberman offered this:

>>Hello Experts,

>>  It seems that I can't import/place a TIFF file from photoshop into
>>  Pagemaker 5.0.  I get an error:  can't find application...

TIFF files are really an industry standard and PageMaker 5 should have
not problem placing them.  It is possibly that one of your import
filters has been damaged/lost.  You may try reinstalling, or just
replacing the import filter(s).

Pict vs Tiff (can't import tiff files)

Post by David Stewa » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

Turn off Easy Open. That should solve your problem.