TIFF files don't show under All Image Files

TIFF files don't show under All Image Files

Post by David C. Barbe » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

I was using a friend's computer (PC, Win98, PS5.02) and he pointed out a
strange problem.  Seems that in his Open dialogue box, when he selects All
Image Files to be displayed, it doesn't display TIFF (.tif) files.  He has
to select TIFF files specifically to be able to see and select them.

Now excuse me but(!), I always considered TIFF files a standard image type.
Is there something wrong with his system, or is this just a Photoshop quirk?

    *David Barber*

TIFF files don't show under All Image Files

Post by wes » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

I have always had this with PS 5. Never had the problem with previous
versions. Adobe has never answered my question about this.

Quote:> I was using a friend's computer (PC, Win98, PS5.02) and he pointed out a
> strange problem.  Seems that in his Open dialogue box, when he selects All
> Image Files to be displayed, it doesn't display TIFF (.tif) files.  He has
> to select TIFF files specifically to be able to see and select them.

> Now excuse me but(!), I always considered TIFF files a standard image
type.
> Is there something wrong with his system, or is this just a Photoshop
quirk?

>     *David Barber*

1. Large PSD files don't show up in Explorer

I have Photoshop Elements 2, and have been scanning some 8x10 of my
daughter.  I scanned at 600dpi, and yes, the files are huge.  I have
200 gig of hd space, so I dont really care.

My problem is that after saving the files, they do not show up when I
browse the My Pictures folder.  If I use the File->Open dialog, they
are there, but Windows Explorer doesn't see them.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?  I have googled this, but
didn't find anything directly related.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Darren
To reply, change .org to .com

2. Best Free Modeler Plug-Ins?

3. PageMaker 6.5 / XP - files don't show up during Place

4. Screen Update

5. program to convert IBM PC's TIFF, PCX, BMP graphics file to Amiga IFF files

6. Ray tracing

7. TIFF files, RGBA files, ImageWorks and PD image manipulators

8. troubles reading from the framebuffer with glReadPixels()

9. CONVERT Corel Draw File To Tiff or BMP or JPEG Image File

10. Pict vs Tiff (can't import tiff files)

11. Single TIFF-Files to Multiple TIFF-File

12. Problem - Lighting effects styles (don't show up and can't save)