Microtek ScanMaker II "hatch" problem

Post by H?vard Bartne » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have a Microtek Scanmaker II scanner with a transparency media adapter.

The problem is that I can't really close the "hatch"(that's what it is
called in english?), so i get light in around the border. Paper and
transparencies which are a little curly don't get pressed down either.

Are there any screws or anything that'll make the hatch go all the way down?

Microtek ScanMaker II "hatch" problem

Post by Craig Millet » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We have a very hi-tech piece of equipment to combat this problem, it's called a
Big Heavy Book.

Microtek ScanMaker II "hatch" problem

Post by Gail M. Ha » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

posted to alt.graphics.pixutils about "Microtek ScanMaker II "hatch"
problem":

Quote:>I have a Microtek Scanmaker II scanner with a transparency media adapter.

>The problem is that I can't really close the "hatch"(that's what it is
>called in english?), so i get light in around the border. Paper and
>transparencies which are a little curly don't get pressed down either.

>Are there any screws or anything that'll make the hatch go all the way down?

Can you put a blanket or dark towel over the scanner?  Someone told me he
wanted to scan some small objects and because they had some thickness the top
of the scanner would not go all the way down.

So instead of putting the top down, he used white towels to cover the objects
and the scanner "platform."  The objects scanned just fine, he said.  He
experimented with different textured materials and found some that worked
just fine and made a nice background for the objects.

I'm sorry I don't remember the brand of scanner he used, but it was just a
regular scanner, not for transparencies.  So in your case I think I would
experiment with using a dark-colored cover over the scanner.

--------------
 Gail M. Hall

1. Microtek ScanMaker II "hatch" problem

I have a Microtek Scanmaker II scanner with a transparency media adapter.

The problem is that I can't really close the "hatch"(that's what it is
called in english?), so i get light in around the border. Paper and
transparencies which are a little curly don't get pressed down either.

Are there any screws or anything that'll make the hatch go all the way down?

2. Copying/pasting multiple layers?

3. Problems with Microtek Scanmaker II flatbed scanner

4. how to include JPEG into EXE

5. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

6. The Toaster....

7. Wanted Microtek Scanmaker II gs or color

8. Opinions on Microtek Scanmaker II

9. Dark Scans with Microtek Scanmaker II