CS features slow!

Post by jjs » Sun, 04 Jan 2004 04:34:10

I have been working with the trial version CS on the dual-processor G5 (4gb
RAM with 100% (2gb) assigned to CS and two fixed drives for scratch) and I
have to say some things are almost intollerably slow. For example,
Type-on-a-path (72pt at 300dpi)  took unforgivably long to render each
letter - so long that once the rendering did not complete, and re-rendering
just 22 characters took over a minute. Back to Illustrator! :)  Saves for
RGB files of about 1gb are horribly slow. Is this first-issue slowness that
will be resolved, something about OS-X or what?

CS features slow!

Post by zuuu » Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:52:54

you DID intend to say a 1 GIGabyte file, yes?

Quote:> I have been working with the trial version CS on the dual-processor G5