KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 not seamless?

Post by D.J. Qu » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Can KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 make the textures seamless? It was easy
with 2.1 but I can't figure out how to make it work with 3.0

KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 not seamless?

Post by DooLitt » Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:00:00

well, maybe im misunderstanding you on this, but here goes...
you said -=seamless=- im not really clear on that, if you meant
something like -=tileable=-  or -=untileable=-....tileable, is like
small pictures for wallpaper, ie. the edges are the same as each
other, so it seems to be one big picture...you can't tile textures in
KPT texture 3, because the more you scroll around on the texture, it
makes more of it, from the algorythm, or whatever......hope that
helped, altho now im partially confused...
*
DooLittle
-[=v\ * will never die /v=]-

Post by Dorian Nisinso » Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Can KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 make the textures seamless? It was easy
> with 2.1 but I can't figure out how to make it work with 3.0

        No Kpt 3.0 Texture Explorer does not create seamless tiles. Kpt
Texture Explorer 2.1 does. Don't be fooled by the similar names, these
are two very different filters. I keep both of them in my plugins
folder  as thay are both very useful, just in different ways.

Dorian

Post by Tony San » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Can KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 make the textures seamless? It was easy
>with 2.1 but I can't figure out how to make it work with 3.0

You might be able to use the KPT Seamless Welder on it once the
texture is created.  I'm sure that some textures will turn out better
than others.

Tony