Program For 3D Text Effects & Objects

Post by George Dingwa » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi There,

Has anyone got a recommendation for a 3D prog for text effects and
simple 3D shapes.

I used to use a prog called Simply 3D V1  but it doesn't work with W98
and it would seem that Micrografix no longer make it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Bye for now.

Regards,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland.

Program For 3D Text Effects & Objects

Post by ard » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Give Crystal 3D a go.

>Hi There,

>Has anyone got a recommendation for a 3D prog for text effects and
>simple 3D shapes.

>I used to use a prog called Simply 3D V1  but it doesn't work with W98
>and it would seem that Micrografix no longer make it.

>Thanks for any ideas.

>Bye for now.

>Regards,

>George Dingwall

>Invergordon, Scotland.

Program For 3D Text Effects & Objects

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Micrografx still makes Simply 3D but it is version 3 now.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

>Hi There,

>Has anyone got a recommendation for a 3D prog for text effects and
>simple 3D shapes.

>I used to use a prog called Simply 3D V1  but it doesn't work with W98
>and it would seem that Micrografix no longer make it.

>Thanks for any ideas.

>Bye for now.

>Regards,

>George Dingwall

>Invergordon, Scotland.

Program For 3D Text Effects & Objects

Post by George Dingwa » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:09:24 -0500, "Joe Cilinceon"

>Micrografx still makes Simply 3D but it is version 3 now.

Hi Joe,

I have tried to purchase the latest version of Simply 3D from several
suppliers in the UK, but they all tell me that Micrografix have
stopped making it.

I also did a search of the WEB and got several articles which also
mentioned that it was no longer made.

Maybe it's still available in the States, but I've not found it
available in the UK.

Many thanks ,

bye for now.

>>Hi There,

>>Has anyone got a recommendation for a 3D prog for text effects and
>>simple 3D shapes.

Regards,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland.

Program For 3D Text Effects & Objects

Post by Po) » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Well, Blade Pro is awesome...  I wholeheartedly reccomend it.  Also,
although we're talking a full blown piece of software that may be more
than you're looking for, Painter 5 is great and has some very nice
built-in texture/surface (and even 'glass') tools that can produce a
remarkable variety of 3D looking effects.  Please note I am Not
affiliated with either of those companies also...  If you're strictly
looking at the plug-in route, Eye Candy is also good for q&d (quick &
dirty) beveling functions etc.

That's Nimrodicus' 2 cents.

Post by Stan The Ma » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Well, Blade Pro is awesome...  I wholeheartedly reccomend it.  Also,
>although we're talking a full blown piece of software that may be more
>than you're looking for, Painter 5 is great and has some very nice
>built-in texture/surface (and even 'glass') tools that can produce a
>remarkable variety of 3D looking effects.  Please note I am Not
>affiliated with either of those companies also...  If you're strictly
>looking at the plug-in route, Eye Candy is also good for q&d (quick &
>dirty) beveling functions etc.

Yes, Blade Pro is excellent. But for true mapping of text or images to
primitive 3D objects, ie sphere, cylinder, cube, plane, from inside
Photoshop, the best solution is 3DLuxe, the new version of Andromeda's
Series 2 filter. It comes with a great selection of textures too.

Stan

Program For 3D Text Effects & Objects

Post by LesToil5 » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Where can I find 3Dluxe for MACs? I'm desparately in need of plug-ins for
PHTSHP that acheive the whole 3-d block effect. I've also heard of something
called Cool3-D. And does Type-Twister acheive this? I have Eye Candy but that
only bevels. I'd love to do the skewd block look with my type. Can anyone point
me in the right direction? Thanx much.

Please email me at

Post by Stan The Ma » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Where can I find 3Dluxe for MACs? I'm desparately in need of plug-ins for
>PHTSHP that acheive the whole 3-d block effect. I've also heard of something
>called Cool3-D. And does Type-Twister acheive this? I have Eye Candy but that
>only bevels. I'd love to do the skewd block look with my type. Can anyone point
>me in the right direction? Thanx much.

I recently ordered 3DLuxe from Andromeda's website. Vertigo HotTEXT is
also worth looking at. Type Twister delivers 2D effects.

Stan

--
Stan The Man
+++* Under This Macintosh+++

1. Paint program and 3D object editor program

I need to acquire the following two programs for our imaging lab.
They must run on sparcstations.

1. A paint program -- We need a pixel-oriented program
    (like Deluxe Paint for the Amiga) that permits image compositing and
    touchup as well as from-scratch drawings. It should handle 256
    grayscale images, 256 color-from-palette images, and possibly 24-bit
    true color images.

2. A 3D object editor -- We need a program that will allow interactive
    creation of 3D objects to be rendered using sunvision. Sunvision itself
    has no such editor. There are a number of these available for the Amiga
    e.g. Impulse's Imagine or NewTek's LightWave 3D. We need something
    similar to this for a sparcstation. Sunvision has a renderman interface
    so an object editor that creates renderman output would work.

Q: What programs are available either commercially or for free distribution?
     Who are the distributors? What are the prices?

Q: Which of the above are the best? Are there lists of functionalites available?
    Are there reviews available?

Thank-you

Alan Peters
Asst. Prof. of Electrical Engineering
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN 37235
(615) 322-7924

2. Ulead To Launch Cool 3D Version 3.0!!

3. Text & water effect

4. Lathing Problems - test2.jpg (1/1)

5. Text Effects ( 3D)

6. * TEXT EFFECTS (3D, ...)!