newbie question

Post by nickra.. » Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:39:43

Ok, I downloaded from google images a jpg of a person. Now I want to
use it as wallpaer on my Mac. The canvas fills the screen nicely, but
the person's image is blurry with enlarged squares -- just enough to
make it look out of focus. The jpg. when viewed simply on my computer
is as sharp as a movie still. How can I get that sharpness when I
enlarge the jpg via the wallpaper? Thanks in advance.

1. Newbie with newbie questions

Hello one hello all;

Alright folks, forgive me, but I am a complete newbie to the renderman shading
language, and have a slew of questions.  I have been using rhino3d modeler for
quite sometime now, and have had some great success, except in the rendering
department.  I'm not entirely satisfied with rhino's renderer.  But I was
stumbled upon BMRT and I got excited because of the quality of renders in the
gallery on the BMRT homepage.  My questions are the following:

Must I have any compiler other than slc to use BMRT?

Where should I start in order to become proficient in the shading language, in
a C programming book, or in The Renderman Companion by Steve Upstill?

Basically, where can I get more info that will kickstart me into action?  Is
there any documentation that explains every function and variable etc?

Thank you for any help you can offer
Joe Shmoe

2. Poser to Cinema

3. Newbie newbie questions

4. texture mapping for 3D-objects from multiple views

5. This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

6. rgl for unix?

7. NEWBIE NEWBIE question

8. Newbie question on tif format

9. Newbie question/Scanned pix

10. Newbie questions: tablets and MSPaint

11. A Newbie Question about Texture-mapping

12. Newbie Question: Why does quality degrade ????