color display problem

Post by Doug Byr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I've spent loads of time playing with Photoshop 6's color management
controls and have been unable to solve this- Images (on monitor) in PS6
are consistently warmer than other programs(internet explorer,
irfranview, thumbsplus, etc). I even imported my old .icc profile from
PS5.5, better, but still noticeably warmer.  I just want it consistent
across programs. Right now I'm using the web default space, but I've
tried them all.  Any help out there?

Thanks

color display problem

Post by David C. Barbe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I've spent loads of time playing with Photoshop 6's color management
> controls and have been unable to solve this- Images (on monitor) in PS6
> are consistently warmer than other programs(internet explorer,
> irfranview, thumbsplus, etc). I even imported my old .icc profile from
> PS5.5, better, but still noticeably warmer.  I just want it consistent
> across programs. Right now I'm using the web default space, but I've
> tried them all.  Any help out there?

Have you disabled Adobe Gamma?

    *David Barber*

color display problem

Post by thedoctorisi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

how do you do that?

> > I've spent loads of time playing with Photoshop 6's color management
> > controls and have been unable to solve this- Images (on monitor) in PS6
> > are consistently warmer than other programs(internet explorer,
> > irfranview, thumbsplus, etc). I even imported my old .icc profile from
> > PS5.5, better, but still noticeably warmer.  I just want it consistent
> > across programs. Right now I'm using the web default space, but I've
> > tried them all.  Any help out there?

> Have you disabled Adobe Gamma?

>     *David Barber*

color display problem

Post by David C. Barbe » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:23:54

> how do you do that?

> > > I've spent loads of time playing with Photoshop 6's color management
> > > controls and have been unable to solve this- Images (on monitor) in
PS6
> > > are consistently warmer than other programs(internet explorer,
> > > irfranview, thumbsplus, etc). I even imported my old .icc profile from
> > > PS5.5, better, but still noticeably warmer.  I just want it consistent
> > > across programs. Right now I'm using the web default space, but I've
> > > tried them all.  Any help out there?

> > Have you disabled Adobe Gamma?

> >     *David Barber*

On a PC, take it out of your StartUp folder.  Not sure for the Mac, though I
believe there is some equivalent procedure.

    *David Barber*