convert to complementary colors?

Post by Jeff Jone » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

Is there any way to convert an image to its complementary colors.  I tried
using the CMYK mode and inverting the C, M, and Y colors leaving the K
alone but the whites seem to get to dark.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Post by Tom Nels » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

> Is there any way to convert an image to its complementary colors.  I tried
> using the CMYK mode and inverting the C, M, and Y colors leaving the K
> alone but the whites seem to get to dark.

Try duplicating the image to a new layer and setting its opacity to 100%
and its mode to Difference.

Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography
"Is it Art or is it computer science?"
I have reluctantly altered my email address to foil the spambots which are
a curse on the newsgroups. Remove the initial "x" for my real address.

convert to complementary colors?

Post by Carter Bennet » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Ahoy, Jeff!

> Is there any way to convert an image to its complementary colors.  I
> tried
> using the CMYK mode and inverting the C, M, and Y colors leaving the K

> alone but the whites seem to get to dark.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Yep!

"Image->Adjust->Hue/Saturation"

Move the Hue Slider to either 180 or -180 (fully right or fully left).
That's 180 degrees around the Munsell.

Cheers!
--
Carter Bennett

If I had foreseen rap music on the horizon,
I wouldn't have worked so hard to get rid of disco.

1. How do I find a complementary color

I have a lot of trouble knowing what is a good complementary color to use
with an existing color.  For instance, say I have a background that's a
shade of yellow and I want to create text of a color that goes well with
that yellow background.

What techniques can be used in Photoshop (or with any other product) to find
good matching colors for someone like me who doesn't have an inate sense of
color?

Thanks.
Bob

2. Character Sudio question

3. complementary colors, how to derive?

4. Onion skin in Lightwave

5. True complementary italics

6. Quadratic Programming (QP) solver?

7. complementary italics

8. True complementary italics

9. Converting Color Negative to Color Positive

10. Convert COLOR hpgl to COLOR ps ??

11. Converting color values to color indices

12. Converting color GIF to color rasterfiles