Paste Into Existing Layer

Post by Polygnotu » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

I was wondering why sometimes when I paste
it paste into the selected layer and other times
it creates a new layer. This is very frustrating.

I want to just paste into the selected layer where
I have a layer mask and I can't figure out what
determines whether it will create a new do what I want.

I have tried linking the mask and unlinking the mask. I have tried
select all and paste into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paste Into Existing Layer

Post by edjh » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

You havee to paste in (makes a new layer) then merge the
layers.  But if you do that the layer mask is applied.  You
can't just paste directly into the layer.

You can make a channel out of your layer mask (which is just a
kind of channel anyway) and then paste, then remake the layer
mask from the channel.  If you need to do this a lot I'd suggest
making an action of it.

If there's an easier or faster way I don't know it.

If you have nothing better to do...
http://www.geocities.com/skullbones.geo/