Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by Mike Coo » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:17:22

I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
contrast & brightness.

I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.

Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
against power outages, etc.

Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
page)?

Thanks.

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by Dave » Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:37:44

Quote:>I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
>contrast & brightness.

>I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
>When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.

>Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
>PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
>against power outages, etc.

>Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
>values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
>for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
>page)?

>Thanks.

Mike, you should not have a problem. I have a programme named
'PDF-XChange Version 4' and make  forms for my office on it.
Reading your question, I tried it and I can play with it and edit it
which ever way I want to, using PS (CS5).
If I understand you right, you would like to know how to safe in PDF?

http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-10743_4-10313206.html

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by Kabuk » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:47:01

>>I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to
>>the
>>contrast & brightness.

>>I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
>>When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.

>>Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save
>>As
>>PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
>>against power outages, etc.

>>Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
>>values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it
>>once
>>for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for
>>each
>>page)?

>>Thanks.

> Mike, you should not have a problem. I have a programme named
> 'PDF-XChange Version 4' and make  forms for my office on it.
> Reading your question, I tried it and I can play with it and edit it
> which ever way I want to, using PS (CS5).
> If I understand you right, you would like to know how to safe in PDF?

> http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-10743_4-10313206.html

I don't think  you can do this in PS- it only allows on page at a time
and I don't think you can make an action that includes open the page
maybe a script but I don't know how to do that

I do think you might ask the Illustrator group
that prog allows multiple pages to open
sorry I don't use it much and so can't say if you can make changes to all
images at once

the workaround I would use is to adjust contrast in the printer interface

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by Jo » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:08:38

Quote:> I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
> contrast & brightness.

> I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
> When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.

> Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
> PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
> against power outages, etc.

> Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
> values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
> for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
> page)?

> Thanks.

Hi Mike,

You can do this in adobe acrobat pro, note my words its acrobat pro
not reader.

Open your pdf in acrobat pro, goto preference and make it edit in
photoshop and click ok.

Then click on the page and select edit, your file will automatically
be opened in photoshop.

Make your action in photoshop lasting with save and close (remember
when creating save in action don't select the name).

The file will be automatically replaced in pdf.

You can't create a batch for this process as you have to use two
different softwares.

For each page you have to right click and edit it. Thats the best
process you can do.

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by John Staffor » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 21:04:22

In article

> > I have a grayscale scan in PDF format that needs a bit of adjustment to the
> > contrast & brightness.

> > I open the PDF in PS and see that it treats each page as a separate file.
> > When I go to save the file, I see I have to do 100 separate saves.

> > Is there a way to save the file in its entirety (other than Print > Save As
> > PDF). I mean, I'd like to save the entire file as I edit it to protect
> > against power outages, etc.

> > Also, I want to make the same brightness and contrast changes (identical
> > values) to all the pages. How can I automate this such that I can do it once
> > for the whole file (or at least make a simple key press automation for each
> > page)?

> > Thanks.

> Hi Mike,

> You can do this in adobe acrobat pro, note my words its acrobat pro
> not reader.

> Open your pdf in acrobat pro, goto preference and make it edit in
> photoshop and click ok.

> Then click on the page and select edit, your file will automatically
> be opened in photoshop.

> Make your action in photoshop lasting with save and close (remember
> when creating save in action don't select the name).

> The file will be automatically replaced in pdf.

> You can't create a batch for this process as you have to use two
> different softwares.

> For each page you have to right click and edit it. Thats the best
> process you can do.

Or you can open the PDF in Acrobat Pro, and Export all the images as
TIFF, then batch 'em in Photoshop.

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by Kabuk » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:03:07

>> Or you can open the PDF in Acrobat Pro, and Export all the images as
>> TIFF, then batch 'em in Photoshop.

> That is File menu -> Export -> Image -> (then choose JPEG...TIFF)

> It exports them all at once.

> THEN you can batch in Photoshop if you wish.

do you have to put them all back into the pdf??

good to know all this in case I ever need it

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by John Staffor » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:36:35

> >> Or you can open the PDF in Acrobat Pro, and Export all the images as
> >> TIFF, then batch 'em in Photoshop.

> > That is File menu -> Export -> Image -> (then choose JPEG...TIFF)

> > It exports them all at once.

> > THEN you can batch in Photoshop if you wish.

> do you have to put them all back into the pdf??

If you want a new PDF with the adjusted images, yes. I did not read your
question properly, did not know that's what you wanted to do. I've never
tried to replace an image in Acrobat. Will try it Monday.

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by Kabuk » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:11:03

>> > That is File menu -> Export -> Image -> (then choose JPEG...TIFF)

>> > It exports them all at once.

>> > THEN you can batch in Photoshop if you wish.

>> do you have to put them all back into the pdf??

> If you want a new PDF with the adjusted images, yes. I did not read your
> question properly, did not know that's what you wanted to do. I've never
> tried to replace an image in Acrobat. Will try it Monday.

well the question from the OP was not my question and he/she has not
returned

the person wanted to adjust all the images in a 100 page document at once

Editng PDF in PS CS4?

Post by John Staffor » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:42:49

> >> do you have to put them all back into the pdf??

> > If you want a new PDF with the adjusted images, yes. I did not read your
> > question properly, did not know that's what you wanted to do. I've never
> > tried to replace an image in Acrobat. Will try it Monday.

> well the question from the OP was not my question and he/she has not
> returned

Then I misread at least twice. :(

Quote:> the person wanted to adjust all the images in a 100 page document at once

Typical, isn't it.

1. Video filtering and compositing in PS CS4

http://www.youtube.com/user/thePANGvideos

I made this with Final Cut Pro (inc Motion and LiveType) and Flash.
PhotoShop was great for manual cleaning up mattes and applying styles
and filters to the footage.

What do you think?

2. Shareware accepting plug-ins?

3. Real Time Video Editng Card?

4. Tutorials, news, art.

5. PS file to PDF file

6. SEARCHING FOR PARTICULAR PLUG-IN

7. tif, pnm, ps, pdf (conversion)

8. How to import ai-Files?

9. PS or PDF to GIF?

10. Illustrator and PDF (or PS to EPS)

11. TIFF to PS to PDF

12. Bitmap PS file saved as PDF won't print

13. Turing Off Pdf import in PS 6.0