remove a hole from a transparent image

Post by finecu » Wed, 05 May 2010 02:58:19

Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
make the center part the same as other part?

Thanks,

Post by Kabuk » Wed, 05 May 2010 03:16:18

> Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

> There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
> tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
> top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
> clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
> make the center part the same as other part?

> Thanks,

did you cut and paste to a new layer? if you did it that way make sure the
layer is in the same MODE- (drop down box at top of layer palette)

best way would be to use the patch tool, circle the area adjacent and "move"
it over

Post by finecu » Wed, 05 May 2010 03:50:01

> > Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

> > There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
> > tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
> > top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
> > clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
> > make the center part the same as other part?

> > Thanks,

> did you cut and paste to a new layer? if you did it that way make sure the
> layer is in the same MODE- (drop down box at top of layer palette)

> best way would be to use the patch tool, circle the area adjacent and "move"
> it over

Thank you very much for replay. I tried but it does not seem to work.
Could you please try it?

Thank you again.

Post by Kabuk » Thu, 06 May 2010 09:04:20

> > Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

> > There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
> > tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
> > top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
> > clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
> > make the center part the same as other part?

> > Thanks,

> did you cut and paste to a new layer? if you did it that way make sure the
> layer is in the same MODE- (drop down box at top of layer palette)

> best way would be to use the patch tool, circle the area adjacent and
> "move"
> it over

Thank you very much for replay. I tried but it does not seem to work.
Could you please try it?

Thank you again.

once you turn the file to jpeg it is no longer layered or transparent

are you working in a psd file? with tranparency *or tiff or png

Post by Kabuk » Thu, 06 May 2010 09:25:03

>> Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

>> There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
>> tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
>> top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
>> clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
>> make the center part the same as other part?

>> Thanks,

> There are many different methods so pick one you like the best.

> - Using CLONE TOOL to fill the whole with area around the hole.

> - Copying or replacing the hole over the solid area (different layer),
> then
> use either Quik Mask or Erase tool to replace the hole with the solid
> area.

> You may be able to use the HEALING tool but it may and may not work well.
> So, try different technique see which one works best, and I can warrantee
> you that Quick Mask is an useful tool and it should work.

nope now I see it's png
copying any technique--clone or heal makes the transparency double and
leaves a darker area
I tried on white background to dupe the layer, then used top layer on
overlay or difference it got rid of the spot but left top and sides darker-
I cleared them and it looked fine - only on white though
on other color backgrounds it makes a rectangle-

HMM
it the orig file a photo?
if so I suggest fix it as another format first then make transparent after
the hole is fixed

Post by Kabuk » Thu, 06 May 2010 09:36:49

>>> Hi, I have an image at (http://www.flickr.com/photos/

>>> There is a "hole" at the middle. I would like to remove the hole. I
>>> tried to copy a small aera from other part of the image and overlay on
>>> top of the hole. But the transparency then became different. You can
>>> clearly see the patch. What is the best way to remove the hole and
>>> make the center part the same as other part?

>>> Thanks,

>> There are many different methods so pick one you like the best.

>> - Using CLONE TOOL to fill the whole with area around the hole.

>> - Copying or replacing the hole over the solid area (different layer),
>> then
>> use either Quik Mask or Erase tool to replace the hole with the solid
>> area.

>> You may be able to use the HEALING tool but it may and may not work well.
>> So, try different technique see which one works best, and I can warrantee
>> you that Quick Mask is an useful tool and it should work.

> nope now I see it's png
> copying any technique--clone or heal makes the transparency double and
> leaves a darker area
> I tried on white background to dupe the layer, then used top layer on
> overlay or difference it got rid of the spot but left top and sides
> darker- I cleared them and it looked fine - only on white though
> on other color backgrounds it makes a rectangle-

> HMM
> it the orig file a photo?
> if so I suggest fix it as another format first then make transparent after
> the hole is fixed

http://xs.to/image-6DE8_4BE0BC83.jpg
unfortunately this pic service made it into a jpg

but I tested the png and it now works on all color backgrounds

what I did

made a layer white
merged layers
fixed the hole w/ patch tool
select color range- click white area- adjust to your liking
select inverse and clear
save for web as PNG

Post by Kabuk » Sun, 09 May 2010 03:36:53

>> > nope now I see it's png
>> > copying any technique--clone or heal makes the transparency double and
>> > leaves a darker area
>> > I tried on white background to dupe the layer, then used top layer on
>> > overlay or difference it got rid of the spot but left top and sides
>> > darker- I cleared them and it looked fine - only on white though
>> > on other color backgrounds it makes a rectangle-

>> > HMM
>> > it the orig file a photo?
>> > if so I suggest fix it as another format first then make transparent
>> > after
>> > the hole is fixed

>> http://xs.to/image-6DE8_4BE0BC83.jpg
>> unfortunately this pic service made it into a jpg

>> but I tested the png and it now works on all color backgrounds

>> what I did

>> made a layer white
>> merged layers
>> fixed the hole w/ patch tool
>> select color range- click white area- adjust to your liking
>> select inverse and clear
>> save for web as PNG

> You get the right idea *but* not the best way.  Since CLONE tool is a very
> simple tool to use, but if you ain't good with your hand, don't have other
> technique to help the technique then it can be little complicate.

> And because you seem to really try to master this one, so I can give you a
> simple technique which you should be able to do it.

> 1.  Open the photo with the HOLE you want to fill.

> 2. Selecting a small part of either Left or Right next to the hole. Ctrl-C
> =
> COPY

> 3. Making an emptied layer, or Ctrl-V to PASTE the copied part to current,
> and Photoshop should create another layer automatically.

> 4. Move the small part over the hole, making sure the edge line up
> correctly.

> 5. If you have the LAYER window opened, then click on the [o] button at
> the
> bottom of the window which is the Quick Mask command.

> a. Set the OPACITY to around 5-10% (or 10-15%) or whatever works best for
> you, or depending on you use Tablet or Mouse

> b. On the LEFT side of Photoshop you will have the BLACK/WHITE toggle
> (this is part of the Masking)

> c. Select the BRUSH tool and set the Brush Size you wish to use.  I always
> use the [ & ] key command to change the brush size

> Then just use the BRUSH to paint on the layer and you should see the
> result.  If you make some mistake and want to UNDO it then toggle the
> BLACK/WHITE and it will reverse or do the opposite (Reveal/UnVeal)

 you are a CLUELESS jackass JOE-please download and try it- YOU never have
right info and think every thing is quickmask--  JOE- the issue is not HOW
TO FIX THE HOLE or what tool to use or what technique- those are KNOWN- the
patch does the same as CLONE

but the transparency changes when you do--due to the PNG format-

try it before you talk more nonsense --as if you know anything

Post by Kabuk » Mon, 10 May 2010 05:28:16

>> > Then just use the BRUSH to paint on the layer and you should see the
>> > result.  If you make some mistake and want to UNDO it then toggle the
>> > BLACK/WHITE and it will reverse or do the opposite (Reveal/UnVeal)

>>  you are a CLUELESS jackass JOE-please download and try it- YOU never
>> have
>> right info and think every thing is quickmask--  JOE- the issue is not
>> HOW
>> TO FIX THE HOLE or what tool to use or what technique- those are KNOWN-
>> the
>> patch does the same as CLONE

>> but the transparency changes when you do--due to the PNG format-

>> try it before you talk more nonsense --as if you know anything

> Holly shit!  I didn't realize I was talking to another stupid.

yeah you must be looking in the mirror--
did you download the image and try it?
NO you didn't -- did you follow the thread? no you didn;t

I told him what you said before you said it
then I tried it and he the OP was right

and you are still not

1. how to remove mask holes

i used the magic wand to select (mask) an area in a picture.  how do i
remove the unselected area inside the selected object (remove holes) using
photoshop6 for windows?
ex. i have the letter O on a picture.  i select the area outside the border
of the letter O.  the border of the letter and the inside area are not
selected.  since the outside selection already covers the letter O, how do i
remove the hole left by the letter O.  micrografx picture publisher calles
this option remove holes. i need this done on picture publisher.

thanks

2. Announce: Free Valentine's Day Animated GIF's

3. how do you removing holes from a selection?

4. Mike C. Do I have to p[ay you to........

5. Removing polygon holes

6. Invalid PSP file?

7. Remove 1 Pixel wide transparent frame by every paste

8. Removing a transparent object

9. remove wire-frame from transparent surface?

10. Gimp newbie: removing one color (make transparent)

11. Need image of bullet hole

12. Texturemapping with holes in image for text