Mask Pro vs. Magic Mask

Post by M.D. Mill » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>heard about Magic Mask/Edge Wizard and Mask Pro, but I'm
>confused. Which is better, and why?

Quite simply, Mask Pro sucks away the background from your images, while
Magic Mask just plain sucks.

I have both, but I stopped using Magic Mask once I loaded Mask Pro. I've
tried Edge Wizard, but it just plain doesn't work (try blurring an edge
with two consecutive brush strokes). Extensis Mask Pro's color matching is
the *only* way to go, as far as I'm concerned. Mask Pro does cost more
than twice as much as Magic Mask (but not if you include Edge Wizard, and
btw you shouldn't), but Mask Pro masks ten times better. To top it off, if
you'll be upgrading to Photoshop 5, Magic Mask becomes useless, because
the Magnetic Lasso in Photoshop is enormously better than the one in Magic
Mask.

Extensis has a 30-day demo at www.extensis.com so you can judge for yourself.