Help with Graphic Buttons

Post by tvkodde2 » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:06:41

I am in need of a little help in duplicating an image in Adobe.  Can
anyone provide me with instructions on how to create this image.

http://www.applevacations.com/appleweb/images/btn_search.gif

I have basic Photoshop skills, but can't seem to get this image.

Thanks in advance.

Help with Graphic Buttons

Post by taci » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:07:48

> I have basic Photoshop skills, but can't seem to get this image.

Make a rectangular image. Fill it with blue.

Select all. Edit->Stroke the selection with one pixel of white.

Add your type.

--
Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink:
all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Help with Graphic Buttons

Post by tvkodde2 » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:20:35

Thanks for the reply.  I have followed your instructions, but it places
the white rectangle on the outside edges of the blue rectangle.  I want
the white rectangle set in a few pixels.  How would I acheive that.

Thanks again.

Help with Graphic Buttons

Post by taci » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:35:18

> Thanks for the reply.  I have followed your instructions, but it places
> the white rectangle on the outside edges of the blue rectangle.  I want
> the white rectangle set in a few pixels.  How would I acheive that.

There are two ways.

One way is to make the outline at the outside edge of the image, then
use the Canvas Size command to make the image one pixel larger in all
directions.

The other way is to make a selection with the rectangular marquee that
is one pixel smaller than the image in all directions, and stroke that.