Postscript Driver for Non-Postscript "Printer"?

Postscript Driver for Non-Postscript "Printer"?

Post by ArtofDav » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Could someone tell me how a software postscript driver works? I have a
special need that I am running a film recorder that is installed as a
print driver. The problem is that the print driver does not support
2-character code for international characters. I am thinking that maybe I
can get a postscript driver that drives another printer. If the postscript
driver can support 2-character code while driving a printer that doesn't,
then it would work for me.

I would appreciate any comment/suggestion, especially from those who have
experience with postscript driver. Does the driver need to know which
printer it is driving? I am sure I cannot find my "printer" from the
standard printer list because the device is not really a printer. It is
actually a film recorder installed as a printer driver.

Thanks in advance!

Postscript Driver for Non-Postscript "Printer"?

Post by Espen Grimsgaar » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I would appreciate any comment/suggestion, especially from those who have
> experience with postscript driver. Does the driver need to know which
> printer it is driving? I am sure I cannot find my "printer" from the
> standard printer list because the device is not really a printer. It is
> actually a film recorder installed as a printer driver.

If your film-recorder can handle postscript files, then a general
postscript
printer driver should work. Adobe have some stuff you might wanna check
out.

Espen Grimsgaard, telemark / info / media