reordering layers

Post by Dav » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:16:43

hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to move several layers at one
time so I can reorganize my layers.  I trying to build a template for
a webpage and I would like to keep all of the layers for each button
together or it gets very messy.

my method was to create the layers until I got the effect I wanted the
copy the layer and move the image into place.  with 4 layers for every
button (for mouseovers) and 15 buttons the list gets difficult to
follow.

Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for what I'm doing???

thanks
dave

reordering layers

Post by myJane » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:34:29

> >hi,

> >I would like to know if there is a way to move several layers at one
> >time so I can reorganize my layers.  I trying to build a template for
> >a webpage and I would like to keep all of the layers for each button
> >together or it gets very messy.

> >my method was to create the layers until I got the effect I wanted the
> >copy the layer and move the image into place.  with 4 layers for every
> >button (for mouseovers) and 15 buttons the list gets difficult to
> >follow.

> >Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for what I'm doing???

> >thanks
> >dave

> Dave, How about Layer Sets?  From the Layers Palette Menu, create a
> new set that acts like a folder.  One could be "Button 1", then drag
> your 4 layers into that set.  You can also organize your layers by
> colors too.

> SEAN

Yes! Layer sets are one of my favorite features of PS 6! Really
streamlines those projects that grow into 100 layers or so!
Always me, Janee

--
www.myjanee.com for Janee's PS Tutorials and PS Resource Links,
Janee's Monthly Art Challenge, Gallery, and more!

reordering layers

Post by Dav » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:53:11

Thanks Sean and Janee!!!  That works awesome!
Dave