How to make areas transparent?

Post by Gregory A.Suvalia » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Photoshop experts,

Please help me made some areas transparent in PS. How could I do it?

Thanks,
Gregory

How to make areas transparent?

Post by David P. Smit » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

You have to have several layers or be on a layer that is not the default
"Background" layer. Then use the various tools for selection and hit
delete. Or you can use the Eraser tool and literally paint your
transparent areas. You can also use the Color Range option under Selection
and delete specific colors out of an image.

Hopefully this helps a little. If you are more specific with your question
I might be able to help a little more.

Dave Smith

Quote:> Photoshop experts,

> Please help me made some areas transparent in PS. How could I do it?

> Thanks,
> Gregory

1. HELP: Making area transparent

Hi all,

I would like to lay 2 pictures (layers) over each other, but
the background of the second image (white) has to be replaced
by TRANSPARANT color. How can you change one color (i.e. white or
black...) to be transparent. So that the white area becomes rendered with
the texture of transparency.

Please help,

Geert
Univ. of Leuven
Belgium

2. On-Line Resource for Printing your Banners, Signs

3. Making an area transparent

4. Mathematics Problem!?

5. Making white areas in layer transparent in PS4?

6. Help with Flame.axp

7. Making an object take up whole viewing area?

8. Making an object an area light when using radiosity

9. POV - Dark areas where transparent objects overlap - ior10.zip (0/1)

10. POV - Dark areas where transparent objects overlap