PS + Genius Newsketch1212HR Editing Problems

PS + Genius Newsketch1212HR Editing Problems

Post by micha » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello

I wonder if anybody encountered similar problems. I bought a Newsketch
Digitiser because I wanted to use it with PS.
I tried so many ways to install it (the documentation is appalling and
I needed to get the Win95 driver from the Net).

As soon as the tablet is working, I cant use any of the editing
commands in PS, they just don't work. (Even if the tablet is running
in parallel with the mouse).
Neither editing functions from the mouse nor the ones used off the
tablet will work.
Both mouse and tablet work well as a pointer device, but I cant paint
sharpent, blur etc. in PS. That's what I bought the *y thing for.

Is anybody working successfully with it, and can you give me your
hardware configuration?
Unfortunately my mouse is a serial one, current config tablet on Com1,
Mouse Com2, no mouse driver installed, windows recognises the mouse
wherever you plug it in. Apparently it uses some "invisible" driver.

I wonder why this behaves so oddly!

All help gratly appreciated

Michael

Das Poetische ist das echt absolut reelle.

                                 Novalis

Post by Roger A. Moncrie » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hello

> I wonder if anybody encountered similar problems. I bought a Newsketch
> Digitiser because I wanted to use it with PS.
> I tried so many ways to install it (the documentation is appalling and
> I needed to get the Win95 driver from the Net).

> As soon as the tablet is working, I cant use any of the editing
> commands in PS, they just don't work. (Even if the tablet is running
> in parallel with the mouse).
> Neither editing functions from the mouse nor the ones used off the
> tablet will work.
> Both mouse and tablet work well as a pointer device, but I cant paint
> sharpent, blur etc. in PS. That's what I bought the *y thing for.

> Is anybody working successfully with it, and can you give me your
> hardware configuration?
> Unfortunately my mouse is a serial one, current config tablet on Com1,
> Mouse Com2, no mouse driver installed, windows recognises the mouse
> wherever you plug it in. Apparently it uses some "invisible" driver.

> I wonder why this behaves so oddly!

> All help gratly appreciated

> Michael

> Das Poetische ist das echt absolut reelle.

>                                  Novalis

This is why most people buy Wacom tablets.
--
Roger A. Moncrief
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Indepth reviews of Imagine for Windows, Ray Dream Studio 4.1, Bryce 2,
World Construction Set 2, Detailer, Goo, Click & Create, CourseWorks 3.2
CBT, etc. on line now. trueSpace 3 in work. All pages now enchanced with
music by the Keyboard Wizard.