Painting stripe shirt into solid color?

Post by jame » Sun, 04 Jul 2010 03:22:06

I took some portrait of a friend while he's wearing a multi color stripe
shirt. The portrait turned out pretty well, but the stripe shirt is
distracting.

Using photoshop, I was able to reduce it into a single color stripe shirt.
Still looks busy.

Is there an easy way to paint a stripe shirt into a solid color shirt while
retaining the folds and creases (so it looks real)? I already have the
mask/selection of the shirt.

Here's a sample stripe shirt that's similar to the one he's wearing:
http://www.julesb.co.uk/menswear-1/shirts-4/casual-shirts-40/faconnab...

Painting stripe shirt into solid color?

Post by Kabuk » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:43:33

Quote:>I took some portrait of a friend while he's wearing a multi color stripe
>shirt. The portrait turned out pretty well, but the stripe shirt is
>distracting.

> Using photoshop, I was able to reduce it into a single color stripe shirt.
> Still looks busy.

> Is there an easy way to paint a stripe shirt into a solid color shirt
> while retaining the folds and creases (so it looks real)? I already have
> the mask/selection of the shirt.

> Here's a sample stripe shirt that's similar to the one he's wearing:
> http://www.julesb.co.uk/menswear-1/shirts-4/casual-shirts-40/faconnab...

I tried several things I thought might work - none of them looked very good

1. canvas paint solid colors in 8-bit mode

For the life of me, I can't remember what's necessary to paint on a
TCanvas using *solid* colors on a system that's running in 256-color
mode. I've been away from that for too long! Certainly

Canvas.Brush.Color := MyNiceColor;
Canvas.Rectangle(...);

gets dithered values for all but the 20 standards.

Somebody give me a nudge in the right direction?

--
Neil J. Rubenking
Contributing Technical Editor

2. Newtekniques?

3. Setting background color in non solid Brush paint

4. Tilable textures-how?

5. Background: Colored stripe on left edge

6. Creating a Sine Wave

7. Why different color pixels in solid color background?

8. Does > 128MB RAM help on Win98/PS5?

9. Need model of Golf Shirt or Polo Shirt

10. I am trying to change the color of a t-shirt

11. putting white designs on a colored t-shirt?

12. color separation for T-Shirt-Prints

13. PS4 Color Separations for T-Shirt