Does PS CS version Adobe Gamma work with LCD monitors?

Does PS CS version Adobe Gamma work with LCD monitors?

Post by B. Pe » Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:00:26

I know version 7 wasn't recommended, but what about CS version?

Tia.

Post by Thomas Madse » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:29:25

> I know version 7 wasn't recommended, but what about CS version?

No. You can load the canned or a custom profile into Adobe Gamma,
but Adobe Gamma that comes with CS isn't designed to work with TFT
panels either. (Adobe Gamma is still version 3.3.0.0. The same
version that comes with Photoshop 7).

See: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1403e.htm>

Quote:

--
Regards
Madsen.

1. Adobe gamma control panel and wizzard doesn't work on win98 secondary monitor

This worked when I had an ATI Xpert98 as the secondary running
1600x1200 32bit color and a Diamond Stealth 3D-3000 as primary running
1152x864 at 24 bit color.  I had a cheap phoebe TV card and all was
fine.

I replaced the Diamond Stealth and Phoebe TV card with an
All-In-Wonder Pro to free up a slot for a SCSI card (not yet added).

I had some hassles getting the ATI drivers working correctly and all
seems well except adobe gamma only works on the primary.  I can drag
the wizzard to the secondary when it says "position the this wizzard
on the display you want to calibrate" but when I get to the gamma
adjustments moving the sliders has no effect.  if I drag it to the
primary it adjusts the primary.

Any clues to a fix.  This is frustrating.  Fortunately I'm not so far
off on the secondary monitor (probably because of the previous
calibration) that things are unusable, but it is an irratition!

--wally.

2. panel with zoom

3. Gamma correction for monitors done wrong?

4. Bug in text lighting ?

5. Adobe Gamma In CS

6. Disabling a Picture.

7. Gamma correction for monitors done wrong?

8. LCD Monitor ...OK for PS?

9. LCD Monitors....OK for PS?

10. need opinions on LCD monitor 4 PS

11. PS CS monitor profile location