How do I make jpegs to this spec ??

Post by Stephen Hammon » Sun, 13 May 2007 20:09:59

How do I make jpegs to this spec ??

Here is the requirement pics with these specs: 170dpi with the longest
length of the pic at 30cm; saved as a no. 5 jpeg (the compressed file size
should be between
500 and 800k).

I have photoshop  :confused:

--

Share a lift www.liftshare.org

Post by Philo » Sun, 13 May 2007 21:29:35

> How do I make jpegs to this spec ??

> Here is the requirement pics with these specs: 170dpi with the longest
> length of the pic at 30cm; saved as a no. 5 jpeg (the compressed file size
> should be between
> 500 and 800k).

> I have photoshop  :confused:

In Photoshop...
(Mac instructions, I assume others are similar)

Image > Image Size > resolution 170
in the same dialog, set width and height units to cm
If one is larger than 30cm, you will have to reduce.
(Be sure "Constrain Proportions" is checked)
To reduce: Fill in 30 for the longer dimension (the other
dimension will automatically adjust itself).
Click OK.

File > Save As > Format JPEG
Click "Save"
Quality 5
See if the "Size" box shows something 800K or less.
If not, reduce quality to 4 and see what happens.

How do I make jpegs to this spec ??

Post by mindesig » Thu, 31 May 2007 08:14:57

how'd you go with the resizing  -  if you're wanting to do it as a batch
procedure for multiple files and don't know how, I will try and help  -
just didn't wanna
bother typing out the process if you'd already done it all

:)

Steve

Australia

Quote:

> How do I make jpegs to this spec ??

> Here is the requirement pics with these specs: 170dpi with the longest
> length of the pic at 30cm; saved as a no. 5 jpeg (the compressed file size
> should be between
> 500 and 800k).

> I have photoshop  :confused:

> --

> Share a lift www.liftshare.org

1. JPEGs, what am I doing wrong?

Andy,
Try save as or save a copy.
Roger A. Moncrief
http://www.indrev.com
Indepth Reviews

Indepth reviews of Bryce 2, World Construction Set 2, Ray Dream Studio
4.1, Detailer, Goo, Click & Create, CourseWorks 3.2 CBT, etc. on line
now. Imagine for Windows in work.

2. How do I make shiny, gold text in Corel Draw 6

3. Making jpegs transparent.

4. what is the matrix ?

5. It's done, done, done!

6. SubDiv Surfaces and Texuring

7. more work done on my site - gfx made with PSP6

8. Urgent News Flash

9. Color Seperation-making a image to become a professionally made 4-color bumper sticker

10. question about GIF 89a spec (Application Extension)

11. (question) about GIF 89a spec, (Application Extenstion)

12. Spec for Windows BMP?